Charles Fischer

Chip Gone: UCLA Players Now Available via Portal

Do they have a good Nose Tackle?  That would finish my wish list…

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

This is like trying to raid UW after DeBoer left. It's slim pickings, due to poor recruiting, but their could be a few diamonds looking for a contender like Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 1

These are the 3 highest performing DT/NT guys on UCLA's current roster:

WWW.ESPN.COM

View the profile of UCLA Bruins Defensive Lineman Jay Toia on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

WWW.ESPN.COM

View the profile of UCLA Bruins Defensive Lineman Gary Smith III on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

And of course an ex-Duck

WWW.ESPN.COM

Complete career NCAAF stats for UCLA Bruins Defensive Lineman Keanu Williams on ESPN. Includes scoring, rushing, defensive and receiving stats.

All have requisite size for that position...competent but not elite in my opinion.  But then again I haven't followed UCLA's defensive scheme and statistically as a team they are very good, so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

Elsewhere on the defensive line, if this guy became available I wouldn't mind if OBD snagged him.  13 sacks last season??  Wow!

WWW.ESPN.COM

View the profile of UCLA Bruins Defensive Lineman Laiatu Latu on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

• Thumbs Up 1

Current class has a couple of very good WRs. Looks like an edge transfer from Miami is worth a look. Not much in current class for us.

Nice timing 2 days after signing day btw.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:02 PM, kirklandduck said:

These are the 3 highest performing DT/NT guys on UCLA's current roster:

WWW.ESPN.COM

View the profile of UCLA Bruins Defensive Lineman Jay Toia on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

WWW.ESPN.COM

View the profile of UCLA Bruins Defensive Lineman Gary Smith III on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

And of course an ex-Duck

WWW.ESPN.COM

Complete career NCAAF stats for UCLA Bruins Defensive Lineman Keanu Williams on ESPN. Includes scoring, rushing, defensive and receiving stats.

All have requisite size for that position...competent but not elite in my opinion.  But then again I haven't followed UCLA's defensive scheme and statistically as a team they are very good, so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

Elsewhere on the defensive line, if this guy became available I wouldn't mind if OBD snagged him.  13 sacks last season??  Wow!

WWW.ESPN.COM

View the profile of UCLA Bruins Defensive Lineman Laiatu Latu on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Latu played in the senior bowl and is going 1st round in mock NFL drafts right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

In several mock drafts, Latu is in the top 10 picks. In 2 he goes to the Bears along with No. 1 pick Caleb Williams. 

Chip did a good job of sticking with Latu through his neck problems and getting him back on the field of play. 

Edited by Jon Joseph

Good timing for him then lol

Funny how Williams transferred there from Oregon, so he could play more, and he has blossomed.

Mr. FishDuck

Moliki Motatavao (sp) also transfered there from UO.

How many of their guys are better than our guys? 

One four star, and the 59th rated class in 2024.

Edited by Duckley Palace

This is more likely to benefit Washington than the Ducks, unfortunately.

On 2/9/2024 at 5:40 PM, ElPatoUO said:

This is more likely to benefit Washington than the Ducks, unfortunately.

Benefit Washington only because they aren't anywhere near scholarship cap and they need bodies. 

But that isn't exactly a lot of actually quality talent to pick from. 

• Applause 1