Charles Fischer

Super Bowl Discussion Thread

Let's get it going!

Mr. FishDuck

Momentum is def with the 9ers. What's up with Kelce pounding on Reid?, should be fined for that. 

Oregon alum doing great.  Armstead is a BEAST!!

Two BIG tackles for Arik Armstead in the first half!  I believe that announced that Lenoir caused a KC fumble as well!

image.png

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Heck of a Game! 

Mahomes Magic when needed. But a blocked extra point? Kelce? An off-season for No. 87 before the playoffs started and then he was $. If you played the SB drinking game, and have to chug one when Swiftie is on camera you are probably, and good for you, not reading this. Mahomes and Andy Reid have both moved up into rare Super Bowl air. 

KC's special teams were among the best all season, better than SFO's and the blocked Xtra point turned out to be a key play.

Not dissing the kicker Moody, 2 50+ FGs for a guy who played at Michigan last season.

Back to back in this day and age of parity without Tom Brady? I do not want to go UW but Bow Down to Mahomes. No. 10 draft pick in 2017. Great QBs make HC's smart.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kansas City Chiefs Win!!!  Mahomes, Kelsey, Hardman, and that's not acknowledging the Defense, Special Teams (recovered a punt off an SF players' heel and blocked an XP), and coaching.

The Chiefs had to play "uphill" once they began the post-season due to less than stellar performances in Detroit (to open the season), and then again against the LV Raiders. but they won.All facets of the game contributed! That great QB - TE relationship really came through.

Really looking forward to OBD HC and staff molding a team from all the great athletes they have brought in together with our 2023 team. They have the leadership, communication, family, the Plan, and the Duck standard.

KCDuck1

Edited by KCDuck1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I have become a Niner fan again after my return from 42 years in Georgia in 2015. I thought that they played a decent game tonight overall but got beat in crunch time by the current best big game QB there is. That punt hitting the heel of the 49 player was a very bad break though, but we all know hat footballs can bounce funny.

And he final nail in the coffin for this newly reminted Niner fan was that the game winner was caught by former Dawg Mecole Hardman who attended high school about 20 miles from the tiny hamlet (Royston) where I lived in Georgia. Happy for Mecole though.

• Thumbs Up 1

My takes from the game.

The best QB usually wins in tight games and even though Mahomes got off to a strange beginning he won down the stretch.

Niners defense was tougher than I thought and played well for the most part until fatigue set in.

The over/ under was 47.5, how does Vegas know this stuff?

The first half Purdy had all day to throw but Cheifs secondary was really good.

Mcaffreys girlfriend is better looking than Kelce’s.

Didn't know Kelci has temper tantrums.

Tony Romo is tough to listen to.

Best Super Bowl I’ve seen since the Pittsburgh / Dallas game back in 1979. 66 points were scored on 2 really good defenses. Pitt won 35 / 31. Terry Bradshaw over Roger Staubach. 

Both teams seemed evenly matched but at the end of the day it was Mahomes over Purdy.  

• Oh no! 1