Notalot

Pritchard Explodes For 28

Pritchard tossed in 28 as the Celtics demolish the Nets by a 50 point margin. He went 6 of 9 from 3-point range.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1

"Pritch" would have been doing this, regularly, over the past couple years if not for the phenomenal talent that was starting ahead of him.  I believe I read somewhere that Payton even asked for a trade at one point.

But Boston knows the talent level, and tenacity, of PP and no way were they going to trade him without "significant" compensation.  I believe Boston views him as one of the best "sixth" men in the league.  And so do I.

I have really enjoyed being able to catch more and more of his NBA action this year, simply because he is being rotated through frequently and has seen a huge increase in minutes.

Always good to see our Pro Ducks loving and living "The Dream".

Go Ducks!  Past, Present, and Future.  👍

• Applause 1

I do not buy (so far) the comparison between Peyton Prichard and Jackson Shelstead. Especially, when they say that Shelstead has the potential to be better.  I have not seen the killer instinct from Shelstead and he has largely dissapeared these last few weeks.

• Whew! 1

I respectfully disagree and just say to give it time. PP had great talent surrounding him on that Final Four team: Brooks, Bell, Dorsey, Ennis and Boucher. As a freshman he didn't need to score much, just learn to be a floor general at the point and run Altman's offense. Brooks was the 'assassin' on that team and Bell the inside enforcer. It wasn't all on Pritchard's shoulders to carry the team like he did as a junior and senior.

Shelstad is in a trial by fire situation with this Duck team and aside from Cousinard and Dante, doesn't have the weapons PP had. If Evans and Bittle return and stay healthy, if Altman can fill in the big man gap when Dante departs and if two or three other shooters can be found via the portal or developed internally, JS will be able to refine his own game.

Aside from the Steph Currys of the world, PGs usually don't lead their teams in scoring and I don't expect JS to. Their job is to be a big enough scoring threat to keep defenses honest and allow the offense to flow through them. PP managed to be a big scorer his last two years at Oregon in large part because he had to while still distributing the ball to others. 

I have been very impressed by the flashes of great play that Shelstad has exhibited at such an early stage. He has all the tools and should develop just fine. I anticipate a big year two leap in production.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2