Jon Joseph

Will Early Signing Day Move Up?

It has been proposed that early signing day be moved to December 4th so as not to conflict with the early portal entry date.

CFB knows it has to do something to help coaches out in December but is this enough? 

THEATHLETIC.COM

The signing period would give athletes time to sign NLIs after the conclusion of their high school seasons and just before the portal opens.

Forward, back, eliminated... It doesn't really matter because it doesn't work where it is currently. 

December is broken right now in college football and early signing day is part of the problem. 

FISHDUCK.COM

College Football has changed so much in the past decade. In the early 2010s, the value of bowl games was...

• Applause 1

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The SEC is spearheading an effort to clean up the winter schedule

I don't remember where I saw it but I read one proposal to move early signing day all the way back to the August period just before the season kicks off and keep the traditional February date for those who see the August commitment/signing date as to rushed.

This proposal would certainly declutter the month of December for coaches but might severely limit the number of early enrollees who would like to be on campus in December for any ongoing Bowl practices and to enroll in January to get a head start on their freshman year/season. It is certainly true that December is a ridiculously busy time for coaches.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:24 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

I don't remember where I saw it but I read one proposal to move early signing day all the way back to the August period just before the season kicks off and keep the traditional February date for those who see the August commitment/signing date as to rushed.

This proposal would certainly declutter the month of December for coaches but might severely limit the number of early enrollees who would like to be on campus in December for any ongoing Bowl practices and to enroll in January to get a head start on their freshman year/season. It is certainly true that December is a ridiculously busy time for coaches.

I saw that too... But it would be another signing day so there would be three. I don't hate the idea but with the coaching carousel what it is these days it feels like a mess waiting to happen. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Move up to June?

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

NCAA leaders are expected to discuss adding a 3rd signing period for high school recruits this week, according to a report.

Signing Day appears to have moved up.

GARNETANDCOCKY.COM

College football has a recruiting calendar problem. Not only has recruiting become an everyday part of the sport, but with NIL and the transfer portal, there is

I signed a NLI? I thought I was signing my NIL deal.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 2/25/2024 at 1:24 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

The early-early date that is being discussed would occur in early June.