Charles Fischer

Heavy Hangover for Salty Gamecock Fans...

I can't resist...I am such a terrible sport!  (But I never said I was noble)

From the South Carolina forum...

"Those of you who spent all week writing off Oregon should look in the mirror."

"Lot of guys said the Pac 12 was bad, Dante is overrated."

"I’m not sure I saw people writing off Oregon. We were confident in our own team. Huge difference."

"I saw plenty of posts saying the Pac 12 was weak and Dante is overrated."

"Oregon knew exactly how to attack us and they did it the entire game. It was like watching a good running game in football eating our **** up on the line of scrimmage."

"I'll admit, I wrote off Oregon. Didn't realize their Center was the Hulk and didn't play for them a lot of the year. Just saw the pac12 as mediocre compared to what we did."

"Still kinda sad that they have a 25 year old." (Couisnard)

"I can’t see a talented G-League 25 yr old still in college after 6 yrs player having a bad game against a bunch of 22 yr old college guards."

"They couldn’t miss. Yet again another team has magic shot making ability. Couisnard, naturally, went off. To me, it seemed like so much out of our control was going against us. As already mentioned, Oregon hardly missed. It’s absurd. The refs called stupid fouls against us and let their guys do whatever almost. Announcers and everyone else just seemed to be against us. It just had that vibe of an overwhelming force against us that we got starry eyed against and just couldn’t handle it."

"Lost to a hotter team, no interior options limited outside game as Oregon pushed out on shooters with little impact. Need to be able to break down with penetration to rim which only Meechie really made routine effort . Disappointing watching a former destroy us… you know he will look pedestrian against next opponent."

"Would it surprise anyone that Oregon loses in round two and Couisnard scores six points?"

"It's going to happen, and we all know it."

"Wouldn’t be surprised if Oregon makes the Final Four..."

"Dante will have 3 fouls 8 minutes in."

"Dante will foul out in the first half with 4 points."

"They are going to get smoked by Creighton IMO."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Some pretty funny takes there. The ranked team with 8 losses from the conference everyone that matters loves had the universe aligned against them. Interesting.

Guard play is paramount, especially in the tournament. Thing is, you have to have more than one way to win in a tournament. A big man listed at 6’8” (not) and 260 (not) is probably not going to work out. 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 1

The "great" SEC went 1 - 3 yesterday.

No. The refs did not give the Ducks that game. The Ducks played great defense, were efficient in both steals and turnovers, played tough on the interior, rebounded well on both sides of the court, and Cousinard had the game of his life.

Sour grapes must be the only grapes they have in South Carolina.

Next? 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Charles.

Tour 2 posts on USC(e) were a delight to read while drinking my morning Java, though I almost spit it out a few times laughing.

Thanks again

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2024 at 12:28 PM, The Grateful Duck said:

The "great" SEC went 1 - 3 yesterday.

No. The refs did not give the Ducks that game. The Ducks played great defense, were efficient in both steals and turnovers, played tough on the interior, rebounded well on both sides of the court, and Cousinard had the game of his life.

Sour grapes must be the only grapes they have in South Carolina.

Next? 

How else does one make Fine Whine?

• Haha 3

Well, they will have plenty of time to ruminate on their sofas on Saturday watching every team but theirs!

Their whining kind of reminds me of left coast USC fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm. Not one mention of Dana Altman. They didn’t realize that he knew how to beat them. He seems to do his best when the deck is stacked against him and his roster isn’t loaded with 5-stars.

On 3/22/2024 at 5:49 PM, Augduck said:

Well, they will have plenty of time to ruminate on their sofas on Saturday watching every team but theirs!

Their whining kind of reminds me of left coast USC fans.

Their basketball fans (especially WBB) can get pretty whiny. However, their football fans will pack Williams-Brice and get loud when they’re 3-7. They’re some of the most loyal fans I’ve ever witnessed.