HDuck

Wilner's $222M Cash Tally Split For OSU/WSU

SPORTS360AZ.COM

<p>    The process required eight months, a lawsuit, a negotiated settlement, clarity from the College Football Playoff, readings and re-readings of the Rose Bowl contract, an entire basketball...

On 3/31/2024 at 12:17 PM, HDuck said:
SPORTS360AZ.COM

<p>    The process required eight months, a lawsuit, a negotiated settlement, clarity from the College Football Playoff, readings and re-readings of the Rose Bowl contract, an entire basketball...

Thanks for the link, interesting info.

For me, this is definitely starting to reach the point where I stop caring. So the PIG2 have $55m of “income” each, each of the next two years, plus whatever lame tv deal they sign. Awesome.

I have no idea what Alabama’s gross is. I have no idea what Gonzaga’s gross is. No idea how much Fresno State makes. Etc.

I mean, it’s not like they can use the funds to join the SEC or create a super conference, it’s pretty basic budget dollars. They don’t deserve most of them, but (aside from the golden goose game we gifted them) they’ll still be playing San Jose state every week.

They’re a group of 5 with a nice budget for 2 years, congrats!

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Like, I'm feeling Bulimia coming on. And that's like, a bummer. 

• Haha 2

It's not "spend it or lose it", to be fair.

Well, I would just like to see both of them use the available funds to pay off debt very very quickly.  Future budgets depend not only upon revenue, but minimizing expenses.  They should not want to carry annual debt service, such as for the stadium remodel, into a future with more limited revenue.

In OSU's case, I would like to see them repay the $10M they requested from the Legislature.

If they need to put some money into coach/staff retention, that also seems operationally wise in a 5-year planning horizon.

Likewise, paying the visitor fees for any Power 4 opponents they can attract to Corvallis or Pullman to help keep the fans engaged.

If either have niche sports such as OSU baseball, lay some money there.  That would be good for both fan retention, and some polish on an overall dimming resume.

Obviously need to keep a chunk of funds in reserve.  In the State of Oregon, OSU athletics requested way more funding support from the State than did Oregon.  There were operational reasons and OSU limitations that required that, so why not have a reserve to cover that going forward?

• Go Ducks! 1

On 3/31/2024 at 6:50 PM, HDuck said:

In OSU's case, I would like to see them repay the $10M they requested from the Legislature.

Chortle 

On 3/31/2024 at 12:25 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

They’re a group of 5 with a nice budget for 2 years, congrats!

Nailed it.  Precisely the result.

Mr. FishDuck