Charles Fischer

It's a THING: Oregon's New Bat is a No. 2 Pencil!

Okay, it is not really a pencil, but it sure looks like one!  For the Arizona State trip--these bats were tried by players, and currently--only Jeffrey Heard is the only one still using it.

But they should too, because he is the No. 1 hitter on the team!  (Batting .368)

Jeffrey Heard2_Eric Becker.jpg

It even has the eraser!

• Cool 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Hmmm...pencil with an eraser, bat.  Meant to "erase" opponents leads late in games?

Uniforms...playing courts...and now sporting equipment.  The Oregon Ducks athletic promo department leaves Nothing untouched by imagination and branding.  

Almost like they are trying to create a "uniqueness" that encompasses all of Oregon Athletics.  Definitely, for better or not, makes fans and athletes take notice.

I don't like everything that comes down the pike but I will say it is fun.  And I need as much fun in my life that I can get.

Stay innovative Duck Athletics.

Quack!  🦆🏈🔥

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like the saying the future is already here, we just don't recognize it, yet.

Oregon athletics has always been the future, except our Athletic Director, and it still is.

As we enter the BIG, the rest of the country will become even more aware of our innovative ways and cutting edge style. 

Another comment is you can't buy innovation and really pull it off. Tosu is trying to buy some of the innovation with our old coach, but it won't work, many have tried the same route, dead end.

We all know that guy who buys, tries to where something innovative, and it just doesn't work, that's tosu in a nutshell.

images.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

New rallying cry heard at Duck baseball games:  "TICONDEROGA, baby!!"

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1

On 4/4/2024 at 12:01 PM, WiseKwacker said:

New rallying cry heard at Duck baseball games:  "TICONDEROGA, baby!!"

WiseKwacker, I am thick-headed today; would you please explain the "Ticonderoga, baby!!"?

Thanks!

VR,KCDuck1

Ticonderoga is a brand of pencil that is widely used.

There are few themed bats out there right now, it's becoming a thing.

I think I've seen some that are shaped like the firecracker popsicle

Edited by spartan2785

Ticonderoga 33892 Yellow No. 2 Pencils 10 Count

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/4/2024 at 2:13 PM, KCDuck1 said:

WiseKwacker, I am thick-headed today; would you please explain the "Ticonderoga, baby!!"?

Thanks!

VR,KCDuck1

Sorry. Former teacher here. Ticonderoga makes--in my humble opinion--the best pencils around. Several years, my team of teachers specified Ticonderoga pencils specifically on the school supply list for parents as we were sick of seeing kids bring in cheap pencils with leads that were not centered. You'd watch a kid sharpen and sharpen an inferior pencil down to nothing, trying to get a point without a portion of wood on the tip. 

• Applause 1

NIL from Faber-Castell, or another prodigious producer of pencils? 

And here I thought that we were doing our best to erase carbon. 

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2024 at 12:04 PM, WiseKwacker said:

Sorry. Former teacher here. Ticonderoga makes--in my humble opinion--the best pencils around. Several years, my team of teachers specified Ticonderoga pencils specifically on the school supply list for parents as we were sick of seeing kids bring in cheap pencils with leads that were not centered. You'd watch a kid sharpen and sharpen an inferior pencil down to nothing, trying to get a point without a portion of wood on the tip. 

I bet your students were sharp as a pencil, er, tack. Thanks for teaching and making the world a better place.

• Thanks 1