FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Football: Who’s Flashing on Offense?

Our Oregon Ducks football program has gone through a monumental change in the offseason to reshape a title-contending team into a dominant power in the Big-10 Conference. Now, the Ducks join the Ohio State Buckeyes, Michigan Wolverines, and some familiar faces from the PAC-12  to deliver a brand-new brand of Duck football in the Midwest. When I pulled Mr. FishDuck ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Our Oregon Ducks football program has gone through a monumental change in the offseason to reshape a title-contending team into a...
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Will our 5 star wide receiver from Texas A&M be 6th, 7th, or maybe 8th best wide receiver?

Thanks for today's article Alex!  I agree that our offense will flash - with lightening strikes.  We do have a loaded WR room. 

Evan Stewart (thank you Chuc007) will contribute more as the season progresses when he learns more of the offense.

Along with TE Ferguson, I think Kenyon Sandiq will be a major contributor.  His speed at TE is awesome.  And don't forget TE Patrick Herbert.  He's a very good athlete who can move well and has good hands.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alex, I think you make a great pick, as his interviews recently indicate a real passion for improving across the board. Dan Lanning has guaranteed a great receiving corps this year. Why?  Because of all the depth he builds at all positions, and WR is now loaded.

Think of it...we typically have three wide receivers on the field at a time, and we have veterans in Holden, Tez Johnson, and Gary Bryant(Who I believe is due for a break-out)

But when you add transfer Evan Stewart and freshman Jurrion Dickey...and I would bet that a true freshman will emerge in either Jerimiah McClellan or Ryan Pellum....you have more talent than positions.  Whoever is starting is going to be pushed by someone really good, and frankly--it feels that one of first four I mentioned is not going to be starting, and will be torqued. Thus he will work hard and push for playing time.

Too many times in the past we had a great player at a position who was NOT pushed by additional talent at that position.  But now...Lanning is actually pulling it off, and loading up talent at every position to assure success with that position group.  This receiver group is starting to look like the talented and deep corps of 2014...

Evan Stewart

Quacking the Roster: WR Transfer Evan Stewart - Addicted To Quack

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Stewart is most definitely in the 2024 Duck Stew of quality WRs. 

His numbers at A+M did not add up to his recruiting hype but he was hurt in both his sophomore season and the Aggies starting QB was dinged in both seasons. Plus, Dumbo, er Jimbo, was the HC.

With his new surrounding talent and with Steiny coaching and Gabriel Dillon at QB, this young man could flourish. 

Thanks for the article, Alex. Even without a mention of Evan, the receiving corps in 2024 gives us lots of talent to ponder. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow.  I DARE anyone to read the article below and NOT get excited!

247SPORTS.COM

Texas A&M wide receiver transfer Evan Stewart has shown flashes of his 5-star talents during his first week with the Oregon Ducks.

Are you sure now about your pick Alex?  (What great choices to have!)

• Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

Nice to have men of character and not characters. 

If he stays healthy this young man will light it up. Holden saw up front and personal at Bama. 

Looking at the WRs and TEs, Dillion must be drooling. Stoops's son was a very good receiver at OK but the Sooners had nowhere near the talent of Oregon's WR room. 

Is it 8/31 yet?

• Thumbs Up 2

Opposing secondaries are going to have nightmares about Oregon’s passing game.

Evan Stewart is a big time down the field threat he makes 50/50 balls into 80/20.  

Holden and Dickey are bigger stronger receivers who can catch those short/intermediate throws and run over CBs or safeties, or catch those end zone fade routes.

Tez and Gary Bryant are both high end possession receivers who run good routes, have great hands and will move the chains. 

This doesn’t even include our TEs or RBs sneaking out of the backfield on routes. Plus we have a QB(s) who can really sling the rock.  So excited to see Oregon’s 2024-25 offense.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

But wait....isn't Dan Lanning a Defensive Coach?

Not here!  He wants it all on both defense AND offense!

Lanning and Stein_Screenshot from Fox Sports Video - Copy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

This should be really interesting to see how things shake out by the time Fall practices start, there's so much talent that it's hard to predict what will happen.  The pragmatic side of me believes the returning players have the advantage since they know the playbook already.  Tez and Traeshon will be WR1/WR2 (interchangeable) and Gary Bryant upgrading himself to WR3. 

That being said, Evan Stewart is likely to disrupt this order and possibly Jurrion Dickey and Kyler Kasper as well.  I see Gary having the highest odds of being the odd man out and if it happens, may transfer.  I'm not saying it's likely but out of the 3 current top returning WRs, he's the most susceptible to get bumped down.