David Marsh

Is Bo Nix Being Punished for Oregon's Offense?

I found this interesting though no surprising as we are all familiar with the narrative now. 

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

Oregon quarterback Bo Nix has flown under the radar ahead of Thursday's NFL draft, especially compared to...

However, it is worth bringing up that I wrote an article similar to this one last year. 

FISHDUCK.COM

Heisman Trophy voting changes from year to year. The trophy is supposed to go to the best player in college...

Now I do believe that if Oregon had won the Pac-12, Nix would have won the Heisman. 

It will be interesting to see how the Oregon offense progresses next year. It's going to be good but will it be flashy for the Heisman voters or continue Lanning's trend of ruthlessly efficient? 

Edited by David Marsh
  • Great post! 1

We'll find out on Thursday evening. Until then, rumor, innuendo, gossip, and head fakes are the name of the draft game. 

I continue to believe that Bo is a great fit for the Broncos at 12, with McCarthy going at 11 to the Vikings. I don't see the Vikings trading up with the Chargers for a QB at No. 5 who is likely to be on the board at 11.  There is a lot of mock draft late-in-the-game love for Penix.

• Like 1

The right spot is more important than his draft ranking, and I hope he finds a good matchup.

Bo Nix Poster_Fox Sports Video.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

And, I found this interesting...

• Wow 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/23/2024 at 6:19 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This i feel is important. 

Which is in line with why I said Oregon, under Helfrich, Taggart, and Cristobal all helped prepare Justin Herbert for the NFL. 

FISHDUCK.COM

Justin Herbert was the NFL’s 2020 Offensive Rookie of the Year. His first year in the NFL with the Los Angles...

Not sure it matters when you get drafted as much as it matters the coach and support staff can help you excell in the league. Hope Bo gets in the wright situation so he can make the jump into the nfl with a positive result. Getting drafted in the top 10 can be a nightmare for your career as Duck QBs have found in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bo is more accurate than Marcus Mariota, and has better pocket presence and does better working through his progressions when he has his confidence. The only thing Marcus did better was his elite breakaway speed, which isn't worth much in the NFL where everyone has world class speed.

Marcus went #2 in the draft. This QB class is better, but Bo is a first round talent, and I think scouts get that.

Interesting article here.  It says don't be surprised if the LA Rams take Bo at #19.  Sean McVay needs a successor to Matthew Stafford so it would benefit Nix to sit and learn from a guy like him for a couple seasons.  Plus evidently there's a Nix family connection with the current Rams GM.

FANSIDED.COM

Former Oregon and Auburn quarterback Bo Nix is one of the most polarizing quarterbacks in the 2024 NFL Draft. He may have starting experience out the wazoo, but

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/23/2024 at 11:32 PM, kirklandduck said:

LA Rams take Bo at #19

As an Angeleno, this would be a dream—both LA teams sporting Duck QBs!! 🙏

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Rams or Broncos would be a good fit for Bo.

Hoping the draft winds Bo in the right direction. Denver?

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 4/24/2024 at 7:38 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

As an Angeleno, this would be a dream—both LA teams sporting Duck QBs!! 🙏

IKR?  Wouldn't that be an awesome cross-town rivalry starting two Duck QBs a few seasons from now??

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Great post! 1