EastBayDuckDad

Troy Joins Bo in Mile High

Broncos just drafted Troy Franklin in the early 4th round. They got a steal and the chemistry with Bo is a big plus. Wonder how much input Bo had in this decision when Franklin didn't go in the 2nd or 3rd and was still available. 

Go Pro Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Denver traded several slots up to get him so I wonder if they knew someone else, like the Bolts, were ready to pull the trigger to give JH another legit target.

And seven picks later Dorlus goes to Altanta at 109. So that's four. Just Bucky, Tysheem and EvanW to go to get to seven. I'm anticipating this round will be pretty Duck heavy. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have had a bunch of stuff going on, so I have been absent from the forum for several months... However, the news of Bo and Troy  reuniting with my beloved Denver Broncos is just amazing to hear! 

Heading over to the spring game now to see what our ducks look like! Excited to see Gabriel and Moore compete.

Edited by Ktmguy2018
  • Applause 1

Oops, I missed that it was Khyree Jackson and not Tysheem (still with the Ducks, dumb me) in the draft. Double missed that he went one pick before Dorlus to the Vikings.

I need a better editor.

And Evan Williams just dropped two picks later to the Packers. Four Ducks drafted so far in the first eleven picks of the 4th round. Six and counting, matching the previous Duck high.

Go Bucky!

• Thumbs Up 2

Ducks are owning the 4th round! That's great for Bo and Troy to already have that connection. Can you imagine if somehow Bucky goes to the Broncos too?? 🦆🔥

Yes, I know it's not likely, but hey, who knows?

Edited by Krsmqn
  • Thumbs Up 2

And.. Bucky to the Bucs at #25 pick of the 4th round. There may be more to come, but that's all seven of the main Duck targets off the board. A new high mark of draftees.

Job well done, Oregon!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Love to see it! 

IMG_2159.jpeg

On 4/27/2024 at 12:40 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

And seven picks later Dorlus goes to Altanta at 109. So that's four. Just Bucky, Tysheem and EvanW to go to get to seven. I'm anticipating this round will be pretty Duck heavy. 

I’m a Falcons fan and I’m excited that we got Dorlus.  I don’t really understand the Penix jr pick at #8 after making the Cousins deal. 🤷🏻  I like Penix, I just seems odd for Atlanta to make this pick.  We are in win NOW mode, and there were tons of players that likely could have made a heavy impact right away.  

It isn't an exact corollary, of course, but I would not mind being the 102nd, Troy Franklin, 108th, Khyree Jackson, 109th, Brandon Dorlus, 111th, Evan Williams, or 125th, Bucky Irving, best player in college football. 

Look at the stats over the years and 1st round picks do get re-upped more than players drafted in later rounds but not by much.

So happy that Troy is together again with Bo. McCaffery who went ahead of Troy has the name but not the talent. Playing in an easily adaptable system in Denver should be a great fit. Bo being the QB red-headed stepchild of this draft will just motivate him to excel. Mel Kiper said that with 61 starts Bo does not have much upside. This is from the guy who bemoans players leaving college too early and not having enough experience. I have flushed the ESPN coverage in favor of the NFL Network and fewer knee-jerk commentators. 

I like the fit for all of Oregon's 4th round draft picks except for Brandon Dorlus headed to the dysfunctional Falcons. It is NFL hell in Aiken. SC with Atlanta and Charlotte being the 'hometown' teams with tripe broadcast into your home every Sunday. I guess it could be worse. I could live in Dallas. 

Echoing Charles's take on the effect NIL has had on CFB and the draft, The Mercury News (paywall) today quoted Niners GM, John Lynch: NIL convinced 83 players who would have been on the Niners draft board to play another season in college.  

Go DUCKS! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/27/2024 at 2:02 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I’m a Falcons fan and I’m excited that we got Dorlus.  I don’t really understand the Penix jr pick at #8 after making the Cousins deal. 🤷🏻  I like Penix, I just seems odd for Atlanta to make this pick.  We are in win NOW mode, and there were tons of players that likely could have made a heavy impact right away.  

Falcons fan? So you're The Guy? Kidding. But I don't get paying Kirk Cousins an absurd amount of money and then drafting Penix No. 8. Then again, I'm not the guy who founded and flipped Home Depot for billions of dollars. 

Your Dawgs have a backup QB for stud Carson Beck. I hope it wasn't a Rash decision?  But I'd like to have Rashada's Frequent Transfer MIles. 

Best to Georgia in 2024. Rematch with Ducks in Atlanta would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Owning the 4th round is nice. However, Bama had 7 guys drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. This is the standard Danno is trying to duplicate along with UGA's having 15 players chosen in the 2022 draft. Will Michigan eclipse this number in 2024? 

On the other hand, producing numerous and 2nd round draft choices means you better have a deep roster, like Bama and UGA, to be in title contention the following season. Michigan paid the experienced guys who could have gone pro to stay and play in Ann Arbor in 2023-24. Ohio State would have had six additional first-round or high 2nd round picks this year but instead, opened up the NIL wallet. Michigan has to rebuild its entire offense in 2024. 

High school recruiting matters but experience also matters. Whether it is guys you re-recruited to stick around or experienced players from the portal. As Charles has noted, look at the projected 2024 starters for Oregon on both sides of the ball and where would the Ducks be without the portal? 

I guess that this question should be asked of Jedd Fisch in Seattle. 

LB/DB Jamal Hill, DL Casey Rogers, DL Popo Aumavae, LB Mase Funa, OL Steven Jones, K Camden Lewis, DB Steve Stephens IV, and DL Taki Taimani are also draft eligible seniors that could hear their names called.

Let's Gooooo Ducks!

I'm honest shocked Troy dropped to the 4th round, he's a legit 2nd rounder at least. But it works out well going to Denver with Bo.

• Applause 1

On 4/27/2024 at 9:18 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Broncos just drafted Troy Franklin in the early 4th round. They got a steal and the chemistry with Bo is a big plus. Wonder how much input Bo had in this decision when Franklin didn't go in the 2nd or 3rd and was still available. 

Go Pro Ducks!

Broncos has two things going for them to decide to jump up 20 spots to grab Troy. #1 is Bo Nix chemistry with him is worth something if you truly believe Bo will start.

#2 Troy was who Bo was throwing to in the private tryout he had with the Broncos, so they had a pretty clear opportunity to see who they could be getting.

It was interesting to hear that one of the things that turned Sean onto Bo was Alex Forsyth, who was Bo's center at Oregon in '22. 

At least one guy (hopefully) gets it.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

The Denver Broncos were one of the teams who got in on the historic quarterback run to start the 2024 NFL Draft. The first three picks were all signal callers, as six out of the first 12 selections...

YES! Ducks lead the list of draft winners.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

After 257 picks, the 2024 NFL Draft is in the books. The three-day event ended with Rounds 4-7 on Saturday.

A typical critique of Denver and Bo. Bo, please shut these folks up!

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

By in large, the NFL Draft is a crap shoot. Considering those circumstances, it might sound harsh to judge a team's draft mere hours after its conclusion. However, sometimes, it's too hard to...

What did McCarthy for example, do that Bo did not do? Hand the ball off better? I think and hope that we are seeing Herbert-McShade redux. One player always comes out of the draft as a punching bag for 'journalists.' This time it was a Heisman Trophy finalist. I did not see McCarthy at the Heisman Trophy presentation. Did you?

Help is on the way for Justin Herbert. Including a coach who can coach.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

The 2024 NFL Draft is in the books, and that means it is time to start looking at which teams did the most to improve.

The stats on Franklin were that he dropped one in every ten passes thrown at him, and the rumors on other boards is that he bombed the interviews with NFL team executives.  I think I have to simply rejoice that he is reunited with Bo in a pass-happy offense.

Troy Franklin tough catch_EWJ.JPG

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

Justin, help is on the way from UGA.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

The Los Angeles Chargers traded up from the No. 37 overall pick to No. 34 to draft Georgia receiver Ladd McConkey on Friday night in the second round of the NFL Draft. 

• Applause 1