Charles Fischer

Growth, Development, Showing Up Across the Team

I am pleasantly surprised at the improvement of many players and position groups.  It is evident that serious coaching and growth is taking place among so many of the young players.

Defensive Line: Ben Roberts, My’Keil Gardner and Teitum Tuioti were young-guns who made plays yesterday in a big way.  (Biggest position group surprise to me)

Wide Receivers: No surprise with Junior Adams group, but seeing Justius Lowe and the newbies Jeremiah McClellan and Ryan Pellum make plays pushes this WR group further.

Quarterbacks: The best QB room since the 1998 season, (26 years ago) which featured Akili Smith, Joey Harrington and AJ Feely.  All looked they could play well for us...

Running Backs: Jordan James has taken another small step upward with his receiving skills enhanced, and Jay Harris looks very comfortable catching the ball or running over tacklers.

Will Stein likey this...

Will Stein_ESPN Video.jpg

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/28/2024 at 2:12 AM, Charles Fischer said:

The best QB room since the 1998 season, (26 years ago) which featured Akili Smith, Joey Harrington and AJ Feely. 

Don’t forget the 2011 QB room:

Darron Thomas 

Marcus Mariota

Bryon Bennett

Such a huge step up from the days of AB and TT. Those were scary times. This was IMO the most complete team I've seen play in a spring game. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

The biggest thing I was hoping to see from the spring game was just this, seeing Lanning's HS recruits start to shine, and they really did. Fantastic to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

Aaron Flowers showed out to me.....dare I say he was Holland-esque?

And we'll need him now that DeCambra is in the portal and Savage has a shoulder ding. I hope the Duke kid still makes it to Eugene....can you tell I am still a tad worried about the back end?

• Thumbs Up 1