Charles Fischer

Pac-12 Network Goes DARK on June 30th...

In Canzano's mailbag today--this was disclosed about the crappy network we have been a part of. Even reruns will end June 30th...

On one hand, I am wistful thinking of all the games on it in the past, yet thinking about being on FIVE TV stations and streaming with the B1G?

giphy.gif

Sorry Beavis, you are LEFT BEHIND...

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Must be because they're about to announce their new super inter-galactic TV deal. Has it been more than a month since I last said this? Any day now??

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

I wish the school would buy all the Duck games and replay them on the Oregon sports network. 

I'll miss watching the old games, especially the games in 60 minutes 😢 

• Thumbs Up 3

I, for one, will miss Yogi Roth and of course Nick Allioti. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When something most of us never had goes dark, it doesn’t seem to matter much.

Kind of like the tree falling in the woods that nobody hears.  Did it make a sound? 

The real question is… Can the Ducks sue the PAC12 channel to get the rights to re-broadcast their games?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/29/2024 at 5:10 PM, PittDuck said:

The real question is… Can the Ducks sue the PAC12 channel to get the rights to re-broadcast their games?

The Pig-2 have realized that prior games and clips have value, thus they intend to share Pac-12 footage for fees.  It is a new revenue source they just discovered, and one created by all the rest of us, the actual P-5 schools.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/29/2024 at 4:57 PM, Triphibius said:

I, for one, will miss Yogi Roth and of course Nick Allioti. 

To be honest I liked the vast majority of the commentators at the pac-12 network. 

The production level for games was also decent, better than the late night broadcasts on ESPN but not as good as the prime time games. 

The pac-12 commentators were certainly better than the last game of the night commentators on FS1 and ESPN who didn't seem to know anything about West coast football all. 

The problem with the network was it's distribution and therefore access. Which generated all the financial woes for the conference and fan frustrations. 

I'd also say the network seemed to lack some of the daily content like the B1G network has but that's something that could have been fixed with more money through better distribution. 

In the end the biggest failure of the network was the fact that few people could access it easily.