NJDuck

Oregon HC Defends Bo Nix, Troy Franklin; Compares NFL Draft Analysts to 'Weathermen'

"I kind of think those draft analysts are kind of like weathermen," Lanning said. "They don't have to be right. … Who cares what they think? It's about what kind of career he's going to have."

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

Oregon head coach Dan Lanning doesn't have a high opinion of NFL draft analysts in the wake of criticism about Bo Nix being a first-round pick and Troy…

Thanks, NJ.

You don't need a weatherman to know which way Bo goes. (Sorry, Bob.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I especially like that a weatherman only needs to be right for a few hours, days and then all is good.

A career in the NFL is about more than looking out a few days. Most weatherman also mainly need to be entertaining, once again much like the pundits. 

Kudos to Lanning for putting some perspective to the analysts, weathermen on the draft, and defending those who lay it on the line for the program.

• Thumbs Up 1

Many successful college QB’s may never deal with self doubt and the backlash of negative sports media reporting. Bo Nix has been through that emotional rollercoaster and elevated his game to secure a job in the NFL. 

I have no grand predictions about his future career, but the mental fortitude needed to overcome adversity is a difficult trait to measure. Nix has done it before, and probably will do it again. 

• Applause 1

Rumor has it that sandbagging is alive and well. Let’s assume that an NFL team, let’s say the broncos, really want someone but is picking middle of the pack. What to do? Crank up the rumor mill……..too short, arm strength, System……and soon the clickbate pundits are repeating “some analysts say” nonsense.

10 thumbs up for hwy 61 reference.😎