Charles Fischer

Will Oregon Be the B1G Savior in Baseball?

All three B1G Baseball teams were bounced out of the tournament, and only future B1G member, Oregon, made the Super-Regionals this year.  It is the first time in the Ducks history to ever have back-back Super Regional teams, and thus the Ducks are poised to rule the conference they are headed to in the 2025 Baseball season.

I was not happy with the lack of respect given to Pac-12 teams by the tournament committee, as I am quite certain that Cal, USC and Utah could have made some noise in the brackets.

Oregon moves to 40-18 on the season, reaching the 40-win mark for just the sixth time since the program returned in 2009. The Ducks now make their way to College Station, Texas, where the No. 3 overall seed Texas A&M Aggies (47-13, 19-11)  await them after sweeping the College Station Regional. Oregon hopes to make Omaha for the first time since 1954.

The TV sportscaster was a former Texas pitcher, and he called the large crowd at Texas A&M...."vicious."  Quite a series coming up!

The team is peaking at the perfect time, with one of the best series of pitching that I have witnessed at Oregon.  If the Ducks can continue it--they can take on anyone...

Team.jpg

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

'VICIOUS?" 😁

GO DUCKS!

• Applause 2

That QUACKS me up!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hold On! Puddles is on the way.

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Big Ten baseball will not make an appearance in the Super Regionals, continuing a drought since Michigan advanced to the College World Series in 2019.

• Thanks 1

Savior may be a bit strong, but I’ll take being B1G champs out of the gate.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Ducks and a resurgent Trojan program may be just what it takes to breath some life back into B1G baseball.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 6/3/2024 at 10:45 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Savior may be a bit strong, but I’ll take being B1G champs out of the gate.

True, but I've never been known go over-the-top before!  😉  Right?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

No doubt that the conference needs B1G help.

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Big Ten baseball will not make an appearance in the Super Regionals, continuing a drought since Michigan advanced to the College World Series in 2019.