NJDuck

Oregon Football's Best On-Field Sponsorships

College athletic departments are looking for more funding and Oregon Football is positioned as well as anyone to transition to new on-field sponsorships.  On-field sponsorships are coming to college football.

WWW.SI.COM

College athletic departments are looking for more funding and Oregon Football is positioned as well as anyone to transition to new on-field sponsorships.

I'm not big on sponsorship logos on the 50 yard line, but if we were going to have one I would choose Nike.  Besides our connection with Phil Knight and Nike, at least their logo is clean and iconic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Give Me NIKE Or Nothing! But will this bounce with the other Nike clients?

I hope Autzen can stay as clean, sponsor free, as possible.

There are few place as beautiful, and all about the sport, as Hayward Field. Maybe I am biased, but all venues should aspire to be as pure to the sport as Hayward Field is.

My nickels don't add up to much so I understand the need to raise money, but I hope our Athletic Department does it with class.

On 6/7/2024 at 10:33 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Other Nike clients will also take Nike's money. Nike wouldn't mind being on every field that use their uniforms and shoes.

They might pay a little more for the privilege in Autzen. But that is determined by viewership more than anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/7/2024 at 10:33 AM, Jon Joseph said:

In Portland public schools the Nike swoosh is on all the fields. Granted... I think Nike also donated some portion of the fields to the school district. 

Let me just say that a Nike swoosh doesn't look out of place on a sports field. But that's because they've done such a good job with marketing over the years that we see their logo just blend into sporting environments and we really don't see it as intrusive. 

I mean they could probably double or triple the size of their logo on the uniforms and we'd probably not notice. 

But a burger king logo on the field would look outrageously out of place. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2