Steven A

Mr. Logo, Jerry West Passes Away

WWW.ESPN.COM

Jerry West, a three-time Basketball Hall of Famer whose silhouette is considered to be the basis of the NBA logo, has died at age 86.

Zeke From Cabin Creek, a life of great achievement that never made him the least bit happy.

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Mr. West was one of the greatest athletes of all time on the basketball court, and his graceful, dribbling silhouette inspired the...

• Applause 1

From West Virginia to a great career as a player, coach, and executive on the West Coast. 

One of the greatest ever, RIP.

I idolized this guy growing up. RIP 

• Thumbs Up 1

Great player for sure. I still remember listening to the NCAA semis in maybe 1960 on the radio because it they weren't televised. If I remember correctly, three of the four teams were led by superstars, West for WVU, Elgin Baylor for Seattle. Oscar Robertson for Cincinnati and the fourth team escapes me. I wanted to say Ohio State, but that may have been too early for Jerry Lucas and John Havlichek. This was the first year I followed college basketball closely, though I'd had an attachment to Bill Russell and his great San Francisco Dons teams a little earlier.

I do remember that everybody raved about Jerry West's greatness. even as a college player.