Mudslide

QUAAACK: TE Da’Saahn Brame Commits to Oregon Ducks

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Brame is the third recruit to commit to the Ducks in less than 24 hours.

OBD are on an amazing recruiting run.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

THIS may move Oregon ahead of ... RUTGERS!

Seriously, way to go Dan and Crew; Oregon will finish top 10 or better come December.

• Thumbs Up 3

Posted (edited)

And we also kept him from Kansas and Kansas State...

WWW.KSN.COM

Derby football’s DaSaahn Brame is still in the early phases of his high school career. Yet, the rising junior is already turning heads as a top recruit in the class of 2025, collecting over 2…

Edited by Mudslide
  • Applause 1

This was a very important recruit, as we missed on another high-end TE in this cycle.  Word is...he was "All-Oregon" and then Tennessee made a big pitch and turned him to Knoxville.  Oregon found out at the last minute yesterday that they had lost him, and apparently went back to the bargaining table.  (NIL)  It is unfortunate there are no rules at the moment, yet it is nice to be the one out-bidding a major SEC program for once. 

(Well, maybe twice in the last 24 hours, as Sharma was set to Texas until just hours before his announcement)

Brame is a Rivals 4-Star, and as many analysts have stated...."can do it all." He is precisely what we needed to replace Terrance Ferguson, although we do need another TE in this class to replace Patrick Herbert as well.

His major offers, summarizing, besides Oregon and Tennessee were...Alabama, Michigan, LSU, Oklahoma, Penn State, and Ole Miss. 

N.RIVALS.COM

DaSaahn Brame - 2025 4 Star Tight end for Derby (Derby, KS) on Rivals.com

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

This is great recruiting. But I am always tempted to come with the cross-fingered wish-it-happens symbol before a young man's name is on the dotted line. 

Thanks, Charles and the other Forum friends for keeping us updated on players, their backgrounds, and star ranking, including the service doing the ranking.

• Let’s hope! 1

On 6/29/2024 at 9:22 AM, Jon Joseph said:

This is great recruiting. But I am always tempted to come with the cross-fingered wish-it-happens symbol before a young man's name is on the dotted line. 

Thanks, Charles and the other Forum friends for keeping us updated on players, their backgrounds, and star ranking, including the service doing the ranking.

Very exciting in a macro kind of way for me. Looks like we’re #7 give or take now.

BTW, anyone else notice Stanford lurking in the rankings?

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Applause 1

If you want to see some highlights, I have the video qued up to where they begin. No doubt a great pass-catching tight end...

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/29/2024 at 10:35 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

BTW, anyone else notice Stanford lurking in the rankings?

2nd year coaching staff is injecting new energy into Stanford right now. But they have a bulk class right now. Mostly three stars and a lot of them. 

But it is amusing to see them ahead of USC. 

Keep in mind with Stanford that they can't use the portal too effectively due to their academic requirements and grad students need to be accepted into their program first regardless of sports scholarship. 

This is great, another good win!!!  I’m so freaking glad this guy isn’t going to be wearing Tennessee Orange!  That color makes me nauseous every time I see it.

• Haha 2

On 6/29/2024 at 1:18 PM, SoGaDawg said:

This is great, another good win!!!  I’m so freaking glad this guy isn’t going to be wearing Tennessee Orange!  That color makes me nauseous every time I see it.

Orange and purple are awful colors. 

Clemson went with both which is why I dislike them by default. Otherwise I have no issue with them. 

• Haha 2