Steven A

Ducks Lose Director of Player Personnel and Recruiting, Darren Uscher, to SC (South Carolina) as He Goes Home

WWW.SI.COM

South Carolina Gamecocks have added pivotal staff member Darren Uscher to be director of player personnel and recruiting. Just a couple of months prior to the

Is this a big loss?

The timing seems unfortunate, though the ‘25 class seems pretty much set.

Posted (edited)

Welcome. It's 96 degrees with close to 80% humidity. I know it's hot in Oregon but ...

From what we have seen to date, guys leave and Danno replaces them with better guys. Tough to refuse a call back home.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think the position entails a lot of the scouting and organizational aspects of recruiting. A position of need, but 

On 7/9/2024 at 8:46 AM, DUCKED said:

Is this a big loss?

I think the job description probably includes scouting, and a lot of the organizational aspects of recruiting. A position of need, but when you have success, others teams will want your people, and copy what you are doing. 

No recruits, or current players, will follow him to SC, but he has a solid information on scouting. That information is certainly not irreplaceable. 

Pretty sure SC is not the dream destination of a lot of recruits that we will pursue. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My son and his fiancé just got back from S. Carolina Sunday night visiting her relatives and they hated it there.

My boy has lived in Oregon City all his life, 46 years, and said he has never seen it rain that hard before. He sent a video of himself walking barefoot, with an umbrella, down the street with water running over his ankles. Said this happened 3 times in a week. 

They can have it. 🥴

Edited by Just Ducky

On 7/9/2024 at 3:19 PM, Just Ducky said:

They can have it. 🥴

Agreed.

Years ago I flew into Savannah, and headed towards Hilton Head for a convention. Halfway there an emergency broadcast came across the radio and stated to seek shelter.

It was dark, and visibility was almost zero because of the torrential rain. We somehow stayed on the pavement and found a restaurant for shelter. 5 minutes after we ran into the restaurant, lightning strikes knocked down power lines across the street. So now there is no power, or air conditioning to battle the terrible humidity. 

It seemed like the start of a bad movie. I kept an eye on the parking lot waiting for the swamp monsters, or zombies, to start their attack.

There has to be a few months when the weather is not life threatening, but I have no interest in finding out. 

• Haha 1