Charles Fischer

Update! Crystal Balls to Oregon to Win Another 5-Star Battle...

My FishDuck Friends....go down to post No. 12, and read from there to get today's update.  If Pickett comes to Oregon....this is Duck Recruiting History we are witnessing, as it really is THAT big.

----------------------------------------------------------------

DJ Pickett is an insane athlete, and a true Rivals 5-Star, while McNutt is a Rivals 4-Star, but a dandy.  The word is Miami and Cristobal are pulling on the Florida player hard, and he has family connections with the 'Canes as well. Yet many sources think he is simply building up the suspense for his Wednesday announcement to Oregon. 

I don't know which he goes, but if he commits to the Ducks...this will set a new recruiting record with three of the coveted Rivals 5-Stars in one year.

247SPORTS.COM

Two of Oregon's five-star targets DJ Pickett and Trey McNutt are set to announce college decisions soon.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 1

Mr. FishDuck

This is what I mean about Miami....

img_5333-jpeg.608001

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon WR verbal Isiah Mozee is a Rivals 4-Star receiver, and his dad now works at Nebraska?  Not good...

Although, when it comes to receivers--Oregon is loaded and Junior Adams can replace him. As it is, Oregon has four receivers in this class...

N.RIVALS.COM

Isaiah Mozee - 2025 4 Star Wide receiver for Lees Summit North (Lee's Summit, MO) on Rivals.com

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Somebody has to remind DJ....

1720792863188.png

• Haha 3
  • Great post! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

This was the rumored flip away from Oregon recently, but we have survived the scare.  I have all the confidence in Mario to screw up the 'Cane season...

Flip Candidate.jpg

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

BTW, with McNutt--he is from Shaker Heights, Ohio--in the middle of Buckeye country.

He visited, likes them, and has USC as a major competitor, but the biggest challenge to Oregon is Texas A&M at the moment.  Find out Friday!

Trey McNutt (@trey_mcnutt) / X

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/14/2024 at 4:44 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This was the rumored flip away from Oregon recently, but we have survived the scare.  I have all the confidence in Mario to screw up the 'Cane season...

Flip Candidate.jpg

Has Wilson watched a Mario coached offense?!!

Quick: Someone send him some tape…

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Pickett moved his commitment date UP presumably because of the Ducks. 

And then McNutt set his commitment date two days later. 

Maybe I'm just sniffing the green and yellow flowers but it smells Ducky to me.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Cool 1

On 7/14/2024 at 7:44 PM, Charles Fischer said:

On 7/14/2024 at 7:44 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This was a statement Dallas Wilson put out last Wednesday, July 11th.

Rumors have been hot and heavy about a potential decommitment from Oregon Ducks Football for the 2025 class. Five-star wide receiver Dallas Wilson, addressed those rumors head-on this week.

"Kill All The Noise”

- Oregon Football commit Dallas Wilson

Five-star wide receiver Dallas Wilson took to social media Wednesday to "kill" the rumors that he would be dropping the Oregon Ducks.

“It been my dream school since forever... since I opened my eyes as a baby," Wilson said at the beginning of a video posted to his social media. "Coach (Dan) Lanning, he just made it 10 times better.”

“Great support system," Wilson said. "They love you as a person. The coaches definitely... they bring you in, they make you feel like you're back in your hometown.”

WWW.SI.COM

Rumors have been hot and heavy about a potential decommitment from Oregon Football for the 2025 class. One five-star addressed those rumors head-on this week. &

• Applause 2
  • Like 1

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

And another!

img_2692-png.611126

Mr. FishDuck

And a THIRD!

img_7524-jpeg.611147

We find out Wednesday!

Mr. FishDuck

img_4712-jpeg.611153

From a Miami forum...(above)

Mr. FishDuck

Mario!  How do you feel about landing DJ Pickett?

200.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

The announcement is at 4:00 PM Pacific on Wednesday, and you can watch it on this YouTube Channel if you choose. 

Will Dano get a record third Rivals 5-Star in a year?  Never been done at Oregon before!

The 6-foot-4, 179-pounder is the No. 2 ranked cornerback in the country and the best player from Florida per the On3 Industry Ranking.

PODCAST: DJ Pickett Sets Commitment Date, Oregon's Plan at EDGE in 2025

Mr. FishDuck

"The feeling is that over the last few weeks, the Ducks have positioned themselves as one of the top schools and are now the top school. They've appeared to push past LSU and Miami, with the Hurricanes putting up the toughest competition between the other two schools in the running. Miami has sold the tradition of the Canes, being close to home, and a lucrative NIL package, and the family around Pickett seems to be at peace with the Hurricanes."

"But for Oregon, they've sold a vision that goes beyond just playing football at Oregon. The leverage of Division Street and how it can help athletes not only from a monetary perspective but also from a marketing and branding perspective might be unmatched. Dan Lanning and Oregon's staff's track record of developing talent has caught the attention of Pickett. The culture at Oregon has also been able to position the Ducks into a position of strength heading into Wednesday."

Mr. FishDuck

It's hard to believe these discussions of last minute decision making around a self imposed deadline. There is zero benefit to doing that from the athletes perspective. 

Once they set a date they've made up their mind. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I think most of the time it is the recruiting media that fans the leftover coals to maximize eyeballs on their websites and subscription renewals.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/16/2024 at 12:35 PM, Solar said:

It's hard to believe these discussions of last minute decision making around a self imposed deadline. There is zero benefit to doing that from the athletes perspective. 

Once they set a date they've made up their mind. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I think most of the time it is the recruiting media that fans the leftover coals to maximize eyeballs on their websites and subscription renewals.

Well, I believe that many athletes love the drama created, the attention created as they "ponder" their decision.  The word is...DJ made his choice about 10 days ago, and is using the build-up as most do for the media splash.

Yet, that can change at the last minute.  Just ask Texas....

Mr. FishDuck

1721158081682.png

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

img_8828-jpeg.611216

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Posted (edited)

I can play in the Power 2,  in the B1G, or in a conference where the 2 biggest brands are suing so they can bolt. 

Hmmmmmm?

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Go Ducks! 1

247 has him as 100% Duck? I like that idea.

• Go Ducks! 1