Charles Fischer

My Duck-Brothers and Sisters: Please Take Note...Save Yourself From Mr. Anal

We all have our pet-peeves, the topics that annoy us and we get riled-up about.  I am gently informing all of you--for your benefit...about one of my anal items that I respond to quickly, and just hate.

It is over-arching negative about college football, the future, Oregon,....any of it where you are going out-of-your-way to just paint negative about something that either has not happened, or is so obvious--that we already know, and blustering about it is not going to change or help.

But some in the past just have to vent on us.

We have a couple of Rules in No. 31 A-D concerning this, and you may have noticed lately when someone goes off about how bad NIL/Portal/College Football/Playoff/etc. how I respond quickly to it to say..."it is not that bad."

In fact I wrote that recently.

We Lost a Great Guy...

We had a regular poster who went off the rails in this over-arching negative last fall.  I took away his posting privileges because I was sick of seeing it--and I warned him several times.  But I am a softy, and give people second chances, and gave him one recently since others have given me a second chance when I screw up.

Well, that leopard did not change his spots.  He picked up right where he left off, and I warned him with the first one, and with the second...he is now gone-for-good. Part of it is hassle-factor; I cannot have my time and energy drained from a few, and it is better to lose their posts.  Besides--99.60% of the posts and you are GREAT!

This site is meant to be a GREEN REFUGE from the nastiness of real-life.  One of those distasteful areas in real-life is the massive negative, and deception in our media today. I am just SO SICK of it, and that cannot stand someone being an Eeyore in this superb community without cause.

Eeyore.jpg

Don't Be Like Me

So...No Negative, Charles?

This is the difficulty I have with this....because then some will say that, "well I can't discuss any negative, because Charles goes nuts."  WRONG.  Negative events occur all the time, we lose recruiting battles, we lose games, we lose coaches, etc.  We discuss this stuff because that is what you do in a forum, and not only is it OK, but I want that discussion.

It is just when someone is painting an overall picture of doom, and negative when there is no need.  I hate it.  If you have any doubts...then email me charles@fishduck.com and I'll clear it for you.  The vast majority of the time--you are all fine, and just wonderful OBD members. But some people are a natural Eeyore, and feel the need to vent on us.  We are not their damn therapist's couch; we are the opposite.  We are the GREEN REFUGE, the escape from all of that.

And yes....I can be a bit much as a cheerleader, but there is SO MUCH to cheer these days!

Oregon Poster_Fox Sports Video (2).jpg

And yes, this is an anal, weird thing about me.  So take a hint

because I want all you here for an incredible season.  Be Happy.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

Phew.....I thought you were reminding us to get our Prostate checked! 

prostate-doctor.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=889c3

• Haha 5
  • Mic drop 1

You're not Mr. Anal, hypersensitive, thin skinned, or irritable just the King of the forum. Your standard is something we all benefit from.

Saying you have created a green refuge doesn't do it justice. You have created something unique you should be proud of, and we should all be grateful for.

I would say too often we aren't willing to appreciate greatness because we haven't been part of creating that. It isn't easy doing and to continue doing what you do.

My name would be Mr Stable, because this sight is stable unlike most if not all content on the internet.  We are all lucky and should never forget that. We should all remember that more often and never let Charles feel like he is Mr. Anal, because he just cares more than most, works harder at than most, and we all gain if we are so lucky he keeps doing this.

istockphoto-1249707619-612x612.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Charles, I have heard or seen you called a lot of negative things over the years, on multiple forums... Funny thing is, THIS is the place I chose to call home, and most of the other sites, strangely enough, no longer exist.

Keep up the good fight! Most of us will be here to support the cause!

• Thanks 1

I am brand new to the forum, and thrilled that it weeds out the suck-posters. Negativity blows. Those people can pound sand, and be the Huskies that they truly are at their core. Have a wonderful day all. 

P.S. 46 more days.  Go Ducks!!!

• Thanks 1

The only excuse for so many other sites to even exist is to give obsessed and compulsively angry sports fans a place to perpetually hide, and continue rants that those around them are no longer willing to listen to or tolerate. That’s a big difference between those sites and OBD: you can’t hide here.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

The other fact is most social media is full of bots. Bots being computer generated communication. Charles weeds these out and you are communicating with real people. 

Ever wonder why people get all jacked up about things on the internet? There are lots of reasons but one of the main ones is the bots out there are feeding you posts to get you riled up. This along with Algorithms to keep info coming at you which you have reacted to in the past. 

The Green Refuge where you make you own choices based on your interests, and communicate with real people, and few if any dawgs or rodents!

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 1:57 PM, Haywarduck said:

The other fact is most social media is full of bots. Bots being computer generated communication. Charles weeds these out and you are communicating with real people. 

Thank you!  For every 25 registration attempts--between 18 to 20 of them are Spammers using AI and bots trying to penetrate this forum.  A subscription site does not have this issue, but a free site like the Our Beloved Ducks forum has daily war ongoing.

I am able to prevent them from entering only because I have to do a low-tech/high labor task of personally approving every registration.  It has worked great, but it is another time-consuming task.  Often I get registrants that are "iffy" and do not fill out all the fields of registration such as a phone number, thus I email them for more information. 

I don't know when I do not receive an answer if it is because it is a Spammer, or it is a legit fan whose email from me when to their spam filter and they don't see it.  Oh well, trying my best!

Mr. FishDuck