Drake

EA Sports Projects Ducks Vs. Beaver Game

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A look at how EA Sports College Football 25 simulated the non-conference showdown between the Oregon Ducks and Oregon State Beavers in 2024.

We barely squeak by the PAC 2 Championship contender. 

Looks like a pad the stats weekend. 

• Wow 1

C’mon…even Portland State scored!

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

Wow!!!  A real nail biter!  

I see that Jordan James looked great in the simulation with 4 TDs.  I was so looking forward to seeing him in the Red and Black, but as several of us were saying on a different thread: If GA is going to get beat out for a great recruit, I’m glad it was Oregon that got the win.  James has been a very good back.  I expect big things from him this season!

Edited by SoGaDawg
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Going to be interesting to watch Beavis at QB in real life. QB room is very unsettled with limited options. Even if they had the exact same roster as last year, except at QB, this would be worrisome for them. They’re combining these QB prospects with a completely gutted offense, a reliance on undeveloped/mediocre transfers, and a first year HC.

Very high chance things will not go very well this season, even with them slumming (in their view) in a MWC schedule.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beavs better take that Mountain West offer before they change their mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/18/2024 at 5:00 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Going to be interesting to watch Beavis at QB in real life. QB room is very unsettled with limited options. Even if they had the exact same roster as last year, except at QB, this would be worrisome for them. They’re combining these QB prospects with a completely gutted offense, a reliance on undeveloped/mediocre transfers, and a first year HC.

Very high chance things will not go very well this season, even with them slumming (in their view) in a MWC schedule.

Good call. I'm listening to and watching on and off the SEC media day coverage, Arkansas HC Sam Pittman had this to say about the transfer from Boise, QB Taylon Green. The QB who led Boise to the MW title last season.

"He's the one who Bobby (OC Bobby Petrino) identified as the player we needed at QB." Good luck to any G5 program trying to hang onto a player the P2 covets. 

Nelson was a 5* recruit when he committed to SC in 2022 but he was not able to beat out Miller Moss for the backup QB duties behind Williams. Starting your 2nd game in Autzen is not a favorable draw.