Steven A

Did Everyone See This Insane Play by Caleb Williams

I heard about this and then saw it on some highlights.  What great instincts.  It was very close to the RB having his forward progress stopped.  And, it was 4th down.  Other than Caleb stealing the ball, this looks a lot like some 4th down plays we run.  Plus, check out when this occurred.  If the play doesn't work, Kansas gets the ball, good field position and a chance to Stanfordize OU.

• Thumbs Up 2

If I had a Heisman vote he would get it.

Great play from a gamer.  That kind of play is an example of why I can't quit watching college football. 

• Thumbs Up 2

WOW! 

They call it the TFL/First Down option.

Just the way they drew it up!  Incredible, and THANKS to Steven for posting this!

Mr. FishDuck

I saw this on Saturday when they showed the replay multiple times. The runners forward momentum had been stopped and he was taken backwards from the LOS. The whistle should have blown the play dead and Kansas given possession. Just my two cents.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw it and thought the RBs forward motion was stopped? You know, kind of like Dyer? ICamel, you beat me to it my friend. This play is kosher in rugby, but in football?

On 10/27/2021 at 2:41 PM, ICamel said:

I saw this on Saturday when they showed the replay multiple times. The runners forward momentum had been stopped and he was taken backwards from the LOS. The whistle should have blown the play dead and Kansas given possession. Just my two cents.

Well, I guess the Pac 12 refs have something in common with the Big 12 refs.

• Thumbs Up 1