Steven A

Bowl Organization Wants All Games in Expanded College Football Playoff Played at Bowl Sites

Personally, I don't want a playoff wherein any team has a bye.  Therefore, either 8 or 16 teams.  I prefer 8, otherwise I think they will have to shorten the season to accommodate the extra round.

In regard to all sites at bowl games, if it is an 8 team playoff, fine.  12 or 16 teams, I think you are asking too much travel for fans.  Non participant team stadiums/bowl sites will be only partially filled for the first round of the playoff, just like the lower tiered bowls are now.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bowl-organization-wants-all-games-in-expanded-college-football-playoff-played-at-bowl-sites/

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm shocked! About time these guys started to pay for those ugly blazers. Agree, no byes. I prefer 8 instead of 12.

I like 16 but the conference championships count as the first round.

On 10/28/2021 at 3:53 PM, Pocketchange said:

I like 16 but the conference championships count as the first round.

I like the idea of 16.  But you have to lose a regular season game or 2 to manage a 16 team field.  Otherwise, you are playing into February.

I'd have 16 at 1, etc., in round 1. You have 10 conferences. Are you going to give 6 AL teams that do not qualify for a conference champ a 1st round bye? 

If the champ game = round 1, #1 in the country could play #2 in a conference champ gam? The possibility of top teams being knocked off in round 1 will not bring in the top media deals.