Charles Fischer

Look at the Bright Side With This Game...

On 9/1/2024 at 8:03 PM, Solar said:

Looking ahead from here it is tough to stomach that Idaho out of the gate put the blueprint out their how to shut down this offense. Expect as similar as possible defensive scheme from BSU, until we prove we can beat it.

BTW. This game ended our nation leading streak of 14 games scoring more than 30 points.

Oregon had the ball 20 minutes more than Idaho and outgained Idaho by close to 300 yards. Won the turnover battle and held Idaho to 15% conversion of 3rd/4th downs. If this is the key to holding Oregon down, I hope all other opponents find the same lock and key. 

This was one of the weirdest games I have watched in six-plus decades of watching college football. The stats say Oregon should have won by 30+ points. 

Ohio State struggled for a time vs Akron. Georgia struggled for a half vs Clemson. Oregon put together two (very) late drives to put the game out of reach. The Oregon D throttled Idaho. The O couldn't capitalize on the stat advantage because of O-line issues that are correctable. 

When you can get a wake-up call and win you are fortunate. Oregon played its C- game and won by ten points over a gritty well-coached opponent. Every year in CFB is a starting over year. Keep the faith. 👍

Boise's O because of the run game put up lots of points vs Georgia State. It's D gave up lots of points. You can bet that Dan will have the D prepared to stop the run game. Boise will not win airing it out vs. this defense. I think the game will be a battle and that's fine. There will be battles in the regular season in a conference that went 16-1 with the SC game being played tonight. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/1/2024 at 5:51 PM, Jon Joseph said:

When you can get a wake-up call and win you are fortunate. Oregon played its C- game and won by ten points over a gritty well-coached opponent. Every year in CFB is a starting over year. Keep the faith. 👍

Absolutely! 

I think there are lots of things that can be done to get the offense rolling. 

The defense looked fantastic with its starters. Yes, there were two scores but both came when the offense handed the ball over on our side of the field. Idaho never drove the entire field to score, it was our OWN fault! 

Fix ourselves and we'll be rolling. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Staying with the bright side theme…

Playing at that time of day this time of year our QB was looking directly into the sun in the 3rd quarter. When Gabriel gets sacked in the 3rd, he is literally staring into the sun. 

We truly shot ourselves in the foot coming out in the 3rd quarter, and I won’t blame the sun, but the sun does hover just over the older scoreboard. 

So, on the bright side, there will be no sun glaring into the QBs eyes next week…lol 😎