Charles Fischer

Ruh-Roh! Beavers Losing Belief About Their Team, and Playing Oregon...

Since I am an admitted sicko who is a terrible loser, and even worse winner....I had to go over and see what the angry Beavers had to say.  I think the delusion is now clearing from their eyes... 

--------------------------------------------

"I don't know a lot about football, but that Defensive Plan just looked absolutely inept."

"Maybe someone who knows more about football can explain why we didn't stunt, shift or blitz against an O-line that was trying to "find its identity."

(Their D Coordinator coached at Oregon, and was not exemplary for us.)

"We’re a middle of the road MWC team right now."

"We just got our doors blown off by a good team. It sucks. It means nothing. This was a loss we knew was coming. Let it all go. End the series. Immediately."

"Keep in mind, that was also the most expensive roster in college football. We were basically the Oakland As against the late 90s Yankees."

"That is why this series needs to end. Watching something I’ve loved my whole life get destroyed for no reason is brutal enough. Continuing to put your fans through that is unacceptable."

image.png

"Offensive line did him 0 favors. They were pushing us like we were sled machines in the 2nd half. It was brutal."

"The series must end. Everyone needs to email the President and AD. There is NOTHING to gain. We have a league, we’ll have media money. I’d rather fly up to Seattle or down to Stanford or UCLA for our one P4 OOC game when we get to 2026."

"Reality smacked me in the face today. I thought this team could keep up with Oregon. Credit to the ducks for playing like the team everybody expected them to be preseason."

"What's sad was that the talent gap is just so apparent. I saw 5 and 6 man pressures early on and we got NO penetration. I think they figured there was no reason to blitz and leave the back end exposed (pun intended) if we had no shot at getting home."

"If we never played them again, I could not care less. I had hoped it’d be the same, but it’s not. It’s time to build more rivalries."

"It is time to stop playing Oregon in any sport. It is hard to compete with Phil Knight buying any player he wants."

"Maybe Oregon is just that good and we win all of our other games vs the P4, but that’s the first time in a bit where I saw our team and thought they were just flat out too weak and slow to compete."

image.png

"The talent gap will only bigger over time."

"I hope this finally convinces those people who say Stars don't matter. Well Stars do matter. At the tune of 49-14."

"Why should we go to Oregon next year? Why should we play them anymore? They decided to leave for greener pastures. Uncle Phil is dropping millions to see his team fetch a title. They left us for dead. I really think there’s no reason to continue this rivalry. We were left for dead and they were the primary cause."

"I don’t see the value in playing the game. If the Beavs are going to play a power conference team, I’d rather it be the LA schools or Bay Area. At least there’s recruiting benefits to those games. I also don’t see hole being willing to come to Corvallis in the future either."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(Good thing I never said I was noble)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The Beavers have a very good head coach. I feel they did well in hiring Trent Bray. 

But this is year three of Dan Lanning and his roster. 

The Beavers were well coached and if they played us a week earlier it might have been close ... But Lanning and company put it all together and we're ready. 

The Beavs played a good half ... But they couldn't play a second one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe some of the Beaver fans should read the Where are the Will Stein Boo-Birds thread, and take a deep breath.

I checked to listen to Mike Parker on the Beavis broadcast after a third quarter Ducks score to hear his reaction and this is what I heard:

Parker, "I'm reminded of Job from the Bible, 'For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, ...."  (me:  the rest of that Bible passage, "and that which I was afraid of is come unto me).'"

I think we can all relate to that as fans...when your team plays as a significant underdog you usually have hope, which often gets squashed.

I can't remember ever hearing a Bible reference on any broadcast before.  That was a new one.

On 9/15/2024 at 8:09 PM, HDuck said:

I can't remember ever hearing a Bible reference on any broadcast before.  That was a new one.

That is because they believe they are good people...better than Duck fans.

Of course these are the people who destroyed another conference with the money they stole from those who earned it in a previous conference.

And they blame everyone but their own administrators over the years for their current dilemma. 

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/15/2024 at 7:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

but that’s the first time in a bit where I saw our team and thought they were just flat out too weak and slow to compete."

I guess he missed last year's Civil War.

• Oh no! 1

On 9/15/2024 at 9:02 PM, Steven A said:

I guess he missed last year's Civil War.

According to all the media heading into this one 2023 didn't happen. Last we played was 2022 and the Ducks lost that one. 

So I don't think they're alone in forgetting 2023. 

Case in point to my other comments that somehow they're doing us a huge favor by playing us. Such rage! 🤣

Reeser.jpg.160334ea7122e5d966303f48a4be3b44.jpg

The Beavs should never pay them to play at Reser again.  Ever.
The *ucks wanted this divorce and there's no reason to pay them another dime for the privilege of playing in Reser.

FTd! Why give them a cheap road game? Make them pay to fly to the mid-west or east coast to play with their new friends. Those a** **ckers left us for dead. Never Play Them Again!

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

Make-up revenge . . . so sweet.

• Haha 1