Duck 1972

Offense this year

I was just looking at the U of O team page on goducks.com

it says we are #1 in the PAC and 26th in the country in PPG.  36.9 pts per game. Where is our terrible offense that MC and Moorhead run.

It also gives ton of other interesting information.

Duck 1972....you are new here. We have covered this subject extensively with tons of articles.  I will email links for you. 

The bottom line?  Scoring 37 points per game will win the Pac-12 but get you spanked in the Playoff.  The three teams who have been in the Playoffs the most have scored an average of 45 points a game over the last three years.  Nick Saban himself stated twice in the last year, that offense is what wins 'Nattys.

Last year...I think everyone would agree that Ohio State had superior defensive personnel to Oregon, yet they had over 50 points planted on them in the National Championship game by Alabama.  You must be able to score a boatload of points to win in the Playoff, IMHO.

Then we get into the subject of the two high scoring offenses that Cristobal dumped prior to this year.  Rather than rehash it all--I will email you.

And you are quite welcome to state your opinion on this anytime--even/especially if we disagree.  As long as everyone is "polite and respectful," then we welcome and want all opinions.

Mr. FishDuck

I believe Georgia is averaging 38.4 points per game this season…

not too many more than our ducks

This could be a season where a powerhouse d trumps an electric o

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2021 at 3:29 PM, Southwest Duck said:

This could be a season where a powerhouse d trumps an electric o

My bet is the Georgia defense doesn't give up more than 21 points in any game this season, including against Alabama. So far the most they have given up is 13.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't believe I've been impolite in any of my posts. 

As far as my post about the offense I have read everything u have written and the post I referred to had something to add to the discussion that hadn't been reported

On 11/6/2021 at 3:37 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I don't believe I've been impolite in any of my posts. 

As far as my post about the offense I have read everything u have written and the post I referred to had something to add to the discussion that hadn't been reported

You've been fine--it is just that we have been discussing this topic for a couple of years, and again--after this weekend I can get you the sources I referred to.  No sweat.

Mr. FishDuck