30Duck

Was This the Play of the Game Against Washington?

• Thumbs Up 2

It is a great play, among so many.  Quite a few plays were so superbly blocked, but within those plays....like this one--the defensive effort and technique was pretty bad.  It will not be that easy against anyone in the Playoffs...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Agreed, that’s why my play of the game was Camden Lewis’ 46 yard FG into the south wind off Lake Washington. The growth and consistency he’s displaying could be the difference maker against playoff opponents.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Or how about the 4th and 1stop by the ducks in the red zone in 2nd quarter.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do like how Brown is getting himself out there as a leading blocker for the runningback in plays like this. He isn't going full blocker that could put him in harms way of getting hurt but he is making things a bit more difficult on the defense by just being in the way. 

It could also set up for some fun trickery in future games. 

On 11/8/2021 at 1:41 PM, David Marsh said:

I do like how Brown is getting himself out there as a leading blocker for the running back

That is not how the play is designed, but just how it went with where the defense flowed, and the speed of Brown.  It is an Inverted Veer play, and while Coach Boles has covered it--I may want to break down how it worked so well here and the TD called back in the Colorado game.

Mr. FishDuck