Duckman

Why am I pleased with the effort vs. UW but...

Disappointed with the effort against Cal?

There are similarities.  Ducks were a big favorite in both games: -13.5 versus Cal, -6.5 versus UW.  QB play was subpar (statistically better against Cal): 156.4 rating Cal, 97.7 rating UW.  And, the Ducks narrowly won both games against inferior opponents: +7 points Cal, +10 points UW.

Why do I feel differently now?

1. UW is a rivalry game.  A win is a win.  Huck the fuskies!

2. The weather was terrible which accounts for the anemic QB play.

3. Outside of first quarter and a half (or so), the Ducks were in control of the game.  Could have/should have been a 17 point win if they had not let the clock run out.

4. The rushing total and LOS control indicate a dominant win.

5. The offensive output against Colorado is still fresh in our minds.

Did I miss anything?  Do others feel differently?

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel better and better about the win over the Huskies as it gets farther away. That was truly an Ugly win, but more aesthetically then in the Ducks performance, where as you noted, Duckman, after the early interception, the Ducks were in control, except for the Refs.

I understand the regrets registered regarding no TO taken before time ran out. But, there’s another way of looking at that. There was a message sent that the Poochies just weren’t worth that extra effort. Save it for some team down the road that is. 

the ducks controlled that game. If you look at nearly every aspect of the game the refs intervened on behalf of UW.

1. the oregon safety sure looked like he got out of the endzone

2. on UW only TD drive they were completely aided by a missed intentional grounding call. that would have likely stalled out UW.

3. the unsportsmanlike on forsyth was a farce and oregon should have gotten that TD.

4. the overturning of Cardwell's TD was likely a farce,  They never showed one view during the game cast that would have turned the call over yet they did.

If you take all that inconsideration it really just comes down to Brown giving UW a gift TD followed by UW having 7 punt attempts, 1 int, 1 downs, 1 safety and one drive. the final score is not indicative of how well oregon played against UW. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 11:26 AM, UtahDuck said:

the ducks controlled that game. If you look at nearly every aspect of the game the refs intervened on behalf of UW.

1. the oregon safety sure looked like he got out of the endzone

2. on UW only TD drive they were completely aided by a missed intentional grounding call. that would have likely stalled out UW.

3. the unsportsmanlike on forsyth was a farce and oregon should have gotten that TD.

4. the overturning of Cardwell's TD was likely a farce,  They never showed one view during the game cast that would have turned the call over yet they did.

If you take all that inconsideration it really just comes down to Brown giving UW a gift TD followed by UW having 7 punt attempts, 1 int, 1 downs, 1 safety and one drive. the final score is not indicative of how well oregon played against UW. 

^^^ THIS

• Like 1

ESPN and other articles had similar headlines. The Ducks overcome early miscues....blah, blah, blah.

One early interception and the final score has been blown way out of proportion. I blame the CFP for that line of thinking. 

I'm glad the CFP committee works to actually watch the games, instead of only viewing final scores and ESPN headlines.

Look at all the UW possessions. A LOT of three and outs. The Ducks were in control. Then after the break, they applied adjustments and UW couldn't stop Dye.

Then the UW center, probably concerned about a big test on Monday, showed his academic prowess by deciding to put the ball and the game out of reach once and for all!