30Duck

OT in College Football. Do you Like it or do you Hate it?

I  like it. When I'm surfing around for a game, and I see an OT is coming, I'll watch it, doesn't matter who's playing,  Some prefer the "Sudden Death" format, but I like giving each team the ball. Recently there was a 9 OT game, because now after 2, both teams go to 2 point conversion mode.

The Ducks have had some great games end in OT. And some not so great,

I love OT games and do not like the sudden death format but i hate the new 2 point conversion thing, i thought that was dreadfully boring.  If anything i'd rather just see them move the ball to the 5 but give the teams a full set of downs.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/13/2021 at 3:59 PM, deschutesduck said:

but i hate the new 2 point conversion thing

With you completely.  They changed it as a safety concern, but it almost certainly would not have kept going to 9 OT if it had stayed starting at the 25.

Texas Tech avoids OT with last second 62 yard field goal, beats Iowa State, 41-38.

Dumbest OT format. 

Might as well toss a coin.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 OTs flip a coin and send em home

Incredibly stupid.

I like it better than the NFL format... The NFL format punishes the team that loses the coin flip when it's a shootout. 

Granted my biggest complaint with college football overtime is that it eats into the next game big time. Which usually isn't a problem unless it's an Oregon game.

I like it.  New 2 point thing is fine.  NFL is better now but still like college format way better

As I remember, the Ducks played in the first OT college football game and beat Fresno State. I like having some sort of OT rather than games ending in a tie.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, JDuck said:

NFL is better now but still like college format way better

What's the NFL format now? I haven't payed any attention to the NFL besides the occasional Herbert highlight. 

On 11/13/2021 at 5:54 PM, Annie said:

I like having some sort of OT rather than games ending in a tie.

Can you imagine the headache for the cfp if games ended in ties? Lol

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/13/2021 at 7:14 PM, David Marsh said:

What's the NFL format now? I

If the team that gets the ball first scores a touchdown, it's over. If they either don't get a TD, or only a field goal, the other team gets the ball, and win win with a TD, or tie with a field goal. I'm not sure how many OT's there are, NFL games can end in in ties.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:21 PM, 30Duck said:

If the team that gets the ball first scores a touchdown, it's over.

That's the system I was I thinking of ... I think that's aweful in a game that is a shootout. 

If it is a defensive struggle then I guess that's fine but if the game is a no defense shootout then it really sucks.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:14 PM, David Marsh said:

What's the NFL format now? I haven't payed any attention to the NFL besides the occasional Herbert highlight. 

Used to be a coin flip...get a FG it's over, now, they get a FG, you get the ball at least once