30Duck

Tucker's New Deal is being Paid by Donors

As much as the Washington fans want to believe it, Oregon is not the only school with supporters with benefits,

Dang. I knew when I was coaching middle school football back in the day that I should maybe look into to trying to coach at the college level. 95 million dollars for 10 years is INSANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, latracey said:

95 million dollars for 10 years is INSANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially to a coach who hasn't even won a Division championship yet. 

Begs the question, do you take it or tell them to write up something different where the expectations are realistic? There is very little upside to this for Tucker, other than the money.

Say thanks, but make it realistic, and be willing to negotiate higher when I achieve something. He almost seems like the type of guy who might just say this.

The only way it could get done without having to go through a legislative process. I don't believe that it just means more in the SEC than it does in the B1G

Oregon (Mario?) is lucky to have Uncle Phil around in case the need arises to adjust to the new market for head coaches.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:52 PM, Duck1984 said:

Oregon (Mario?) is lucky to have Uncle Phil around in case the need arises to adjust to the new market for head coaches.

I have a sneaking suspicion that these kind of numbers will be the norm when the playoff is expanded. If Oregon wants to quit being a “stepping stone” program they’ll have to eventually cough up this kind of money.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

I'll take a little coin from big donors...
giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck