30Duck

Big 12 Suspends Texas Tech's Radio Announcers, and ASU's Sideline Reporter is Fired.

"By all means we must protect the referees!' COME ON MAN! What's next? Evict patrons who voice any displeasure with the Zebras.

Edited by Jon Joseph

Seems that the controlling powers are a little…well, controlling.

I know coaches are fined for talking bad about the refs. But announcers? Really? 

It's not just announcers criticizing officials and the job they are doing officiating, but an announcer criticizing the job Herm Edwards doing coaching the Sun Devils. 

Being an announcer, or a journalist, is all about recognizing who you work for and walking their political tight rope. The opinions a given announcer can express depends on who they work for. Reading University of Oregon sports information journalist Rob Mosely is going to be quite different from reading Oregonian sports columnist John Canzano. 

I don't work for anyone who cares what my opinions are regarding the Ducks, their coaches, or the officials who ref their games, hence, I can speak very freely. Announcers and journalists are accountable to the whims and wishes of the people who employ them. It sounds like the people above ran afoul of their employers.

Edited by latracey