Jon Joseph

THIS WEEK'S GAMES WITH PLAYOFF PUNCH

7 MICHIGAN STATE (+18.5) at 4 OHIO STATE - Noon ABC

Sparty comes into Columbus with the worst ranked D in the B1G. The Sparty DBs are a perfect fly zone for Bucks QB Stroud, throwing to the best corps of WRs in the country. But Sparty is gritty and Sparty can run the football behind Heisman candidate, Kenneth Walker. Sparty will run the ball and drain clock. Buckeyes win but I do not think tOSU will cover? 

21 ARKANSAS (+20.5) at 2 ALABAMA - 3:30 CBS

Arkansas has won 3 games in a row and is back in the top 25. To date Bama is 2-1 vs the top 25 with the wins coming against the 2 Mississippi schools. Bama has not been able to run the ball effectively all season long. This will be a test for the Tide playing the week before the Iron Bowl will be played at Auburn. This is another game where I think the home favorite wins but struggles to cover?

NR SMU (+11.5) at 5 CINCINNATI -  3:30 ESPN

Since the TCU job opened up with SMU HC Sonny Dykes projected to be the Horned Frogs next HC, SMU as not played as well as it did earlier in the season. This SMU O is very good at throwing the football. But the SMU D is not nearly as good as is the O. I think Cincy wins going away, defeats E CAR next week and takes a 12-0 record into the AAC champ game vs an 11-1 Houston? Somewhat ironic that the AAC champ game will almost certainly feature 2 teams that are headed for the B12. Shut your pie-hole Mike Aresco.

3 OREGON (+3) at 23 UTAH - 7:30 ABC

Oregon is the highest ranked team to play as an underdog on the road in 2021. Many the 'expert' believes the Ducks PO hopes will go to die in Salt Lake City? Since Utah joined the conference Oregon has dominated the Utes. The Ducks travel to SLC with the 10th ranked run game in the country and with a D far more athletic than the players the Utes will put on the field. The issue? Will "The Ducks" and not "Those Ducks" show up?  Mario at Oregon has lost 1 game in Autzen. The Ducks is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 road games as a dog. I think just like the Oregon State run game was too much for the Utes to handle the superior Ducks run game will win the day.

CLOSER TO HOME -

NR 7-3 ASU -3 at NR 6-4 OREGON STATE 10:30 ESPN

This week's ESPN Right Coast Insomniac Game will likely impact the Ducks? Oregon will not play ASU unless the Sun Devils go 2-0 and Utah goes 0-2 in the next 2 games. But an 8-3 ASU would likely find its way into the PO top 25 and help the Pac-12's national image? On the other hand, a 7-4 Oregon State team with a W over Utah might sneak in? Regardless, a 7-4 Beavs team coming into Autzen will come with a better SOS than will a 6-5 Oregon State team.  I think the Beavs grind out a win at home playing an ASU team that is on the road in the NW in back to back games.

NR UCLA (-3) at NR, Irrelevant, Terrible and Adrift, USC - 4 PM FOX

If UCLA does not toy with Troy will Kelly keep his job? There's a new AD in Westwood. One who did not hire The Chipper. I have made UCLA -3 my 5th wager of the weekend. The Bruins should blow out SC? If this does not happen, with Chip unable and unwilling to recruit, and with his buyout at $0 come mid January, will Chip return as UCLA's HC? In hind sight, new UCONN coach Jim Mora did a decent job at UCLA. At least he brought in ranked recruiting classes. This Bruins team is a senior laden squad that Kelly has done OK but not great with. If Kelly is retained it will likely be due to the paucity of quality CFB coaches to fill some big time jobs

GO DUCKS! Put 2019 behind in 2021!

• Thumbs Up 5

Outstanding Post!  Thanks!

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

The national scenario has Alabama facing two "Trap Games" in Arky and Auburn before the epic against UGA. Can Alabama fall into one of the traps?

USC is, " A Coach Away" from being a contender again. Of course with all it has going for it. USC needs a Great coach, or apparently one with ties to Oregon? See. McKay and Robinson.

Go Beavs. The Herm story looked like TV show from the start and it's about to be canceled.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2021 at 11:49 AM, 30Duck said:

" A Coach Away" from being a contender again.

Isn't that the huskies mantra? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2021 at 2:57 PM, Steven A said:

Isn't that the huskies mantra? 

It should be, but the Huskies have had SO many over the years it's more strained from them. 

"I coulda been a contender" for those of you who remember a classic from the 50's.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:40 PM, Duck 1972 said:

"I coulda been a contender" for those of you who remember a classic from the 50's.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2021 at 2:49 PM, 30Duck said:

The national scenario has Alabama facing two "Trap Games" in Arky and Auburn before the epic against UGA. Can Alabama fall into one of the traps?

USC is, " A Coach Away" from being a contender again. Of course with all it has going for it. USC needs a Great coach, or apparently one with ties to Oregon? See. McKay and Robinson.

Go Beavs. The Herm story looked like TV show from the start and it's about to be canceled.

Auburn? Had a shot before the Tigers starting QB and FG kicker went down for the season. Now?

On 11/19/2021 at 6:52 PM, 30Duck said:

'Marlon Brando? He ballooned up nicely.' Rodney from Back to School.