Charles Fischer

DeRuyter about Oregon State: "They're Very, Very Balanced."

This is a good article, but I would add that the Tight Ends of Oregon State are from in-state and are excellent.  On offense, the Beavers do not have a weakness like the Ducks.

Beaver Offense will Present a Multi-Faceted Attack Against the Ducks by Don Smalley of Ducks Wire

USATSI_17206152.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

This Beaver has balance

Pin by Bridget Starr Taylor on Beaver's Pond | Silly animals, Animals,  Beaver

The Ducks have "The CLUB".

He's coming for you 🦫!

Screenshot_20211125-192717_Chrome.png.84f116be3fabe021892e43f6cab97695.png

• Haha 1

If they get rolling on the ground the way Tavion Thomas and Utah did it's going to be lights out on this season for the Ducks.

DeRuyter better come out with an aggressive game plan. Can't sit back and try to read everything. Instead I think they are going to have to take chances and hope they guessed right. Run blitzing is going to be needed on 1st and 2nd down and a major pass blitz on 3rd down. 

On the flip side the Ducks are going to need to put up around 40-50 points to win. That is a big ask of Anthony Brown.....in fact it may very well be too big of an ask.

I am fully prepared to see the Ducks continue to unravel at the end of this season and lose this one in a very similar way to how they lost to the Beavers last year.

The coaches are going to have to evolve and change. If they can do this then I think we can win it. 

So the question becomes can Cristobal, Moorhead and Deruyter show us something we haven't seen? Can they pull out a game plan similar to a tOSU and UCLA? Or will we see a similar team to what we saw at Rice Eccles last Saturday?

Edited by C J

On 11/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, C J said:

On the flip side the Ducks are going to need to put up around 40-50 points to win

For the season, Oregon State is 1-3 on the road, averaging 28.8 points per game.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:36 AM, 30Duck said:

For the season, Oregon State is 1-3 on the road, averaging 28.8 points per game.

While it's not in Reser it's also not that much of a road game. Hard to say if it's the travel stress or just playing in other stadiums that has made the Beavers look like a completely different team when they go on the road.

I think they put up around 40 points though, the same way they did last year.