deschutesduck

Beavers Extend Jonathan Smith's Contract Through 2027

Oregon State reached a new contract with head coach Jonathan Smith that takes him through the 2027 season, the school announced Friday.

"I want to thank the Oregon State administration for making this commitment to our football program," Smith said in the school's release. "The continuity of our coaches and football staff has been a key reason for the success our student-athletes have had on the field, in the weight room and in the classroom. I'm thrilled the work by everyone in our program has been noticed, and they are being rewarded to help us continue to build this in the best possible way."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32720480/oregon-state-beavers-extend-contract-football-coach-jonathan-smith-2027

No details on what he is being paid and the source of the additional funding.  Perhaps that will come out later...  (And THANKS for posting this deschutesduck!)

Jonathan Smith_Kevin Cline.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

After Michigan State announced their extension, and new contract for their coach they lost 56-7, and we beat that team. I can hope, can't I?

5vnuwy.jpg

• Haha 2

By then, they will be tired of him going for it on 4th and 3 from his own 30,

• Haha 1

SMART. I except that he is no longer the lowest paid coach in the conference?

I guess he's not going back to Sheattle 

Smith and OSU athletic director Scott Barnes agreed to a new deal this week. The dollar figure is undisclosed, but Barnes said Smith’s “salary will move up appreciably in terms of Power 5 … and into the middle of Pac-12.”

A source said Smith’s new deal will average more than $4 million per year over the life of the contract.

Smith’s 2021 salary is $2.5 million. He is the lowest paid head football coach among Power 5 schools this season.

In addition, Oregon State is adding to the assistant coaches’ salary pool, plus the ability raise salaries for football support personnel. The assistant salary coaching pool was $3.75 million for the 2021 season.

To pay the new contract and salary pools, Barnes said he was able to “develop new funding streams,” but declined to say what it was. None of the money comes from state funds.

https://tdn.com/oregon-state-football-coach-jonathan-smith-receives-a-new-six-year-contract-moves-to-middle/article_67287e0a-29b6-594c-8923-e20ae7ba5dd1.html

Smart move by Oregon State.

Smith’s stock has risen substantially and he was ripe for the picking.

One of the best coaches in the Pac-12.