CalBear95

Hurt More, Suffer Less

The title comes from some saying in Mindfulness (I don't remember where exactly). 

The concept it seeks to convey is that while our emotions may be incredibly uncomfortable in the moment, letting them pass is a far better outcome than resisting them because that is the nature of suffering.

In my earlier admonitions to fellow travelers on OBD to check the natural instinct to shift away from the pain, I failed to follow my own advice.  I was frustrated at the volume of 'let's hire an Oregon man, Chip, what have you' and let that frustration seep into aspects of my posts.  Not good and not in accordance with the rules of the road.

First, the frustration is really just another form of arroagance if I am being honest with myself and - if you are in to mindfulness this will make sense - a true emphathy and equanimity fail.  Nobody's opinion is more valid than anothers because we aren't talking about subjects like 'is gravity a thing?'  So my apologies.

But circling back to the title, I failed to sit with my own discomfort and executed the mirror image of what I was cautioning against.

I think that is what is referred to as irony (as an aside, in my high school English course, the subsets of irony proved almost impossible for the teacher to land with the class, and this is before Alanis came along and really made a mess of the word).

Setbacks are a gift if you see them as opportunities to learn and so I humbly apologize for veering into hyperbole when - again, irony - level headed assessment and dare I say, showing by example, would have been other, more acceptable paths.

Why I am I thinking of some "Halo" post I read the other day 🙂

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

The quality of your character comes through in your post, and makes me grateful that people like you are attracted to our wonderful community.  We have all made mistakes here, learn from them and we all move on from them.

Stating this in public was very kind, and I hope that other new people will read this, admire your example and embrace our unique concepts designed to create a harmonious forum of Duck fans.

Thank you so much, and now let's forget it, and get to discussing the next topic!

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Why, if that isn't a gif of Valtteri Bottas.