Charles Fischer

Dana Altman: "We're Not Getting Better"

Whew!  He is a straight-shooter, both good and bad....

'We're Not Getting Better:' Dana Altman is Brutally Honest About Oregon Ducks Basketball by Zachary Neel of Ducks Wire

1355347189.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

A type of adversity that an Altman Oregon team hasn't faced yet. We saw earlier that it takes his teams a while to "buy in". As he said, they aren't anywhere close to that now. That's describing a team that looks like an 8 seed playing like a 3 seed in March. Right now they just lost to an ASU team that scored 29 points the game before. 

Lump to the stomach.

This is usually what he says right before they start getting better.

• Thumbs Up 1

We don’t lose to ASU If leading scorer Eric Williams plays.  That aside, as Will Richardson goes, so go the Ducks.  Unfortunately he’s in a bad slump as his 2-14 3-pt stat (ouch) vs ASU would attest.  This team lacks leadership. There is no Dillon Brooks, Pritchard, Duarte that can light a fire under the team.  I like what I see in Young and Bittle.  Kepnang is growing by leaps and bounds and has star potential.  His 17 pts vs ASU was the lone bright spot.  I never count out a Dana Altman team and do expect the Ducks to eventually hit their stride by mid season.  They’ll have a shot at post season only if Richardson returns to form.