Ktmguy2018

Wisdom from my 10 year old

I thought I would share an insight from my 10 year old son, who is a lifelong duck fan. 

We watch all the Pac-12 encore games, so he has seen the likes of Dixon, Thomas, and Mariota playing QB for the Ducks.

This season at the Arizona game, he looked at me and said:

"Dad, when is number 13 gonna throw the ball to those guys?  They NEED the ball". He was pointing at the receivers.

I, for one, am excited about the possibility of a more wide open offense for this coming year...and my 10 year old demands it!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Funny, my wife said the same thing. She and I met at Oregon 42 years ago. She has sweetly watched with me all these years. Her knowledge of the game is simplistic, but enjoys it with me for the fun of being together. 

One time this year after seeing yet another 3 yd pass on 3rd and long, she said, " why doesn't he throw it further downfield?"

I suggested she apply to be the OC, cuz that was a brilliant idea!!

I too hope for a more fun to watch offense.

• Haha 1

Sometimes the answer is obvious to everyone, but the one making the decision. Fortunately the one making that decision is in Miami now.

I also can't help but believe it is also partly why Moorhead is coming back to help coach the bowl game. He wants everyone to know he saw it too.

I might even tune in. I wasn't going to put myself through another game like the last time the coach left, but I want to know, why and maybe be provided with a little bit of an answer. I hope your son and DanL's wife tune in too and see the downfield pass come alive again for the Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1