Jon Joseph

Dan Mullen

Does anyone think that Dan is or should be in the mix?

Or Gus Malzahn?

Feels like a step down going from hiring 2 coaches Florida schools wanted to hiring one even they're tired of 😬

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 2:12 PM, deschutesduck said:

Feels like a step down going from hiring 2 coaches Florida schools wanted to hiring one even they're tired of 😬

UF is interesting. It is one of the few schools in the SEC that is an AAU member; ranked among the top public universities in the nation. Facilities that are lacking compared to most of the SEC programs.

Mullen did seem to go a little off the rails this year? But he did very well at MISS ST and in the last two games vs Bama he took the Tide to the wire. Like Kelly and Ryan Day, he is from New Hampshire. I do not think he has many connections on the west coast? 

He does run a modern O and raised the game of Dak Prescott and Kyle Trask.

Malzahn has a good job at UCF which is getting better with UCF joining the B12.

• Like 1

I probably shouldn't even comment on the coaching search threads cause it's just not something I'm familiar with.  For some reason Mullen has always come off to me as a guy that should be a highly paid OC but not HC, kinda doubt he'd go for that after being HC of a couple SEC programs though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually think he should be. However I'm weird and would think having a coach named Mullen and an AD named Mullens would be pretty cool. Plus Mullen did have some success at Florida and his style is similar to Cristobal's so the remaining players will have an easy transition.

Mullen has shown that he's actually not averse to scoring, In one of his seasons at Florida, his QB, Kyle Trask threw for 4125 yards, 43 touchdowns.  

Mullen took Florida from 10+ wins to 5 wins this year. Why an how? IDK. Not a good look though. Miss state he lead to 6-8 wins a year. Meh... I would pass 

On 12/9/2021 at 11:29 AM, deschutesduck said:

I probably shouldn't even comment on the coaching search threads cause it's just not something I'm familiar with.  For some reason Mullen has always come off to me as a guy that should be a highly paid OC but not HC, kinda doubt he'd go for that after being HC of a couple SEC programs though.

I am learning a ton about different guys because of this. Really is fun process this time around.