DrJacksPlaidPants

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Requesting permission to chat is hardly a push. It's more like professional courtesy given Kelly's relationship with Oregon past. No smoke...

• Thumbs Up 1

Please be a smokescreen! 🙏

• Thumbs Up 2

This is NOT a splash hire if CK comes back to Eugene. The kids wont think it is. The defections won't stop. 

But, his offense is undeniable. The #7 QB in the nation taking the reigns next year fully built for the spread. What has been mentioned ad nauseum is that CK can't recruit top 10 classes. Well, he has, basically 3 of them sitting in the stables. This year is to be determined, but he could bring it back up. Let's be clear, I don't view CK as a splash hire. No, seriously. I do believe that Oregon would be settling. Don't expect Oregon and CK to be married for long either if he does come back to the Valley. CK Will show up on the hot seat and never be off it. Anything less than 10 wins each year gets the roll-O-dex spinning. CK will get no learning curve and no room for error. Win now or there is the door. 

Don't misread me as a cynic or crotchety for that matter. This is Oregon's demands not 1 Fun Ducks. $8.5 million a year told me that.

Further, Mullens won't stop looking for a Coach either, even if CK comes to town. Every single year there is Monster names that get hired. Shocking moves are the story of todays CFB. 

I’m hoping this is just the media making a mountain out of a molehill because Chip used to coach at Oregon.