Charles Fischer

Ducks Wire: "Who IS Dan Lanning?"

Boy I love the resume' of success at the highest level already!

Who is Dan Lanning? A Look at the Oregon Ducks' New Head Coach by Don Smalley of Ducks Wire

424a68862b4140cc92549bde4428a631.jpg?w=1

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

This feels like the hire that will catapult Oregon back into the international spotlight.  The Broyals speech shows he is a man with humility and tremendous drive. I am excited to watch this man take his first steep as head coach. Could someone let him know that he doesn't need to call timeout before play starts if the opponent is not ready. That would be a huge upgrade from the last guy.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great post Charles, thank you. Is Lanning staying with UGA throughout the playoff?

Kirby Smart brought in Todd Monken and 'modernized' the Dawgs O. Will be most interesting to see who Lanning hires as his OC?  Obviously he needs Left Coast guys on the staff?

Charles, what assistant coaches, if any, do you think Lanning will keep?

We have hired repeated losing coaches and turned them into winners and very wealthy men.

The most success we have had is hiring extremely successful coordinators. We have gone back to hiring what has worked the best, and this time an elite recruiter too! 

Who is Dan Lanning an extremely lucky guy, as are the Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/11/2021 at 4:06 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Charles, what assistant coaches, if any, do you think Lanning will keep?

A number of articles posted here have stated that Lanning will coach Georgia in the Playoff.  I do not know what that looks like or his staff.  Guessing is my best at this point...

Mr. FishDuck