30Duck

Bo Nix Intends to Transfer

We remember Bo.

Here's an interesting scenario. Nix was the QB under Dillingham at AU. Any chance that if Dillinghams hired that Nix transfers to Oregon? that

would blowup our young QB's. 

Per Fansided

The current Florida State OC left the program after an 8-4 regular season finish and didn’t stick around to see two straight six-win

seasons. At this point, without Nix as QB1, Dillingham looks more likely to take the Oregon OC job offered by new head coach Dan

Lanning and bring Nix with him.

SC's Kedon Slovis has also entered the portal. Makes me think that Rattler or Williams could end up at SC?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2021 at 10:02 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Makes me think that Rattler or Williams could end up at SC?

I hope if one of them does it's Rattler. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nix leaving Auburn where he was the #1 legacy recruit is very telling on the program in general.

• Thumbs Up 1

A+M's Calzada who took down Bama is also in the portal!

All I care about is T Thompson isn't in the transfer portal, and is showing leadership on the team right now. I also don't want a coach bringing somebody who may be perceived as having an advantage. The culture Ty is part of is important. 

We need somebody who will continue the build, not knock it all down and start over.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, Haywarduck said:

All I care about is T Thompson isn't in the transfer portal, and is showing leadership on the team right now. I also don't want a coach bringing somebody who may be perceived as having an advantage. The culture Ty is part of is important. 

We need somebody who will continue the build, not knock it all down and start over.

I agree with your thoughts; however, if Ty could not not beat out Brown? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, Jon Joseph said:

; however, if Ty could not not beat out Brown? 

Remember who decided that Ty didn't beat out Brown, 

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I agree with your thoughts; however, if Ty could not not beat out Brown? 

Great point, Jon.  However, I still think that's more of a reflection on MC (or maybe Morehead's overly complex schemes) than Ty, so I hope...

I have mixed feeling about Nix, who is clearly better than AB, but not sure if he is worth losing some of our young talents.   I hope Lanning makes the right call.

Edited by DuckFan93
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully we'll get to see Ty play in the Alamo bowl. That may end some of the speculation about him.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:15 AM, 30Duck said:

Remember who decided that Ty didn't beat out Brown, 

I imagine an OC who can develop and evaluate qb talent will be able to tell us more in a couple days than was known over the season.

30 has a great point, AB was Mario's guy, he brought him onboard, and AB played the prevent offense extremely well. Time to move onward, and forward!

• Thumbs Up 2

We don't need Nix ....