Charles Fischer

Lanning's First Coaching Hire!

The results of recruiting speak for itself; keep what is working on-board!

Dan Lanning Makes First Coaching Hire, Retains Don Johnson as Director of Player Personnel by Matt Prehm of Duck Territory 247

Coach Don Johnson Jr on Twitter: "Excited about this journey! #GoDucks  https://t.co/FuticceZJG" / Twitter

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

And a pretty good endorsement!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Excellent move. 

On 12/14/2021 at 3:27 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The results of recruiting speak for itself; keep what is working on-board!

Dan Lanning Makes First Coaching Hire, Retains Don Johnson as Director of Player Personnel by Matt Prehm of Duck Territory 247

Coach Don Johnson Jr on Twitter: "Excited about this journey! #GoDucks  https://t.co/FuticceZJG" / Twitter

don Johnson has been on twitter this whole time tweeting and retweeting recruits/players and so forth. He clearly bleeds green and is a welcome on the staff. I assume he had some sort of deal with Mullens from the get go because it never seemed like he would be following cristobal out to miami. He seems like a standup guy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am interested in, what is a Coaches pick for employees and what is the Schools pick for employees.  I understand that Head Coaches, like CEO's need to create and be responsible for the direction a team is heading but when it comes to support staff outside of HC, as in compliance, recruiting, schooling, there must be some crossover, support staff.  Is there a formula, I am curious.

I have noticed that there are more positions posted on coaches staff for the last several coaches, Helf, Taggart and Cristobal.  So staff increased or so it seems, more analysts, personnel director??

You don't get more money for a department if you don't increase headcount...with justification.