Haywarduck

Potential Hurricanes OC Our Head Coach?

Our interim Head Coach is the potential Miami Hurricanes Offensive Coordinator. There are three other guys on our staff sitting on offers from Mario to join his staff as well.

Who thinks Mullens needs to act too ensure we have a Duck leading our team? Mullens needs to ask Lanning who he wants. More importantly he needs to get a yes or no from McClendon on if he is taking the Miami job. A maybe, or I can't tell you at this time answer, puts him back as position coach.

We had two Associate Head Coaches on our staff during Mario's time. One has left to join Mario. The other wasn't offered a job at Miami, and has been, seemingly, an Oregon faithful.

Mullens picked McClendon as our interim head coach before the offer from Mario to leave. I can give him some slack on the choice, although Big Joe was a better choice even then, in my opinion. 

Now that McClendon is 'sitting' on the offer it is time for him to choose the interim position or the Miami job. No choice then he can coach the position he had before.

Anyone else think Big Joe should be the interim? McClendon's indecision speaks volumes. We need leadership from an Oregon loyalist. The players need to see loyalty and capability are rewarded. Even if Big Joe leaves, he deserves the title, and opportunity more than a guy who is still tied to the previous staff.

We don't need anther game coached by somebody who has at least one foot out the door, while potentially poaching players. We have seen the results of this before with Mario and his clown act.

Time to lead Mullens, and we need Oregon leadership! This isn't an easy thing to do, but a real leader would unquestionably take these steps.

5ygiv3.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

In 10 days this will all be over.

Im ready for the next chapter of Duck football. All I can do now is hope for the best.

Go Ducks!!!

On 12/19/2021 at 10:44 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

In 10 days this will all be over.

Im ready for the next chapter of Duck football. All I can do now is hope for the best.

Go Ducks!!!

I want this last chapter led by a Duck. We need leadership on this one!

I think we, again, are seeing how Mullens leads. He interviewed the coaches in the news, while the real work was being done. 

Fortunately our new head coach wasn't picked by Mullens, unfortunately our interim head coach was. He made a mistake, get us out of this choice. I suppose it is too much to ask.

I'm not blaming McClendon, he is just doing what he saw done before him. It is time for the AD to stop letting it happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I understand your point and I agree but things are not going to change with 9 days before the game.

Mullen’s has continually made poor decisions starting with Helfrich. He is trying to hit home runs while hitting pop flies for outs. Maybe it’s time for a change at the top. 

In reality we we are still trying to get out from under the Willy Taggart debacle. That hire should never have happened. MC is just another disaster from that hire. He did some good recruiting but is a average coach and poor user of talent. Justin Herbert ring a bell!!

I for one will be glad when the stain from the Willy hire will be washed away.

We will give Mullen’s a pass but should we?

• Thumbs Up 1

Haywarduck my good friend....I think this is one time you have a mistaken perception on the situation.

Think about it...who in their right-mind would want to be an Offensive Coordinator for Cristobal?  Can you say career killer?  Don't believe me?  Ask Joe Moorhead...  (31 points per game?!)

What a horrible fate, perhaps THE worst OC job in America?  We must change our attitude and feel sorry for the poor guy!  We should let him cherish his last chance to truly be a leader!

Because he will roll-over to whatever Mario wants...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 6

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/19/2021 at 12:22 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Haywarduck my good friend....I think this is one time you have a mistaken perception on this situation.

Think about it...who in their right-mind would want to be an Offensive Coordinator for Cristobal?  Can you say career killer?  Don't believe me?  Ask Joe Moorhead...  (31 points per game?!)

What a horrible fate, perhaps THE worst OC job in America?  We must change our attitude and feel sorry for the poor guy!  We should let him cherish his last chance to truly be a leader!

Because he will roll-over to whatever Mario wants...

giphy.gif

Mario's OC's up to this point, both have head coaching jobs. I have nothing but gratefulness toward Moorhead. He is our OC for this game, and hopefully he can show us what he would have done.

I also think the fact our previous OC's both have head coaching jobs is due to the strength of our reputation. A reputation few actually analyzed as well as you have. That reputation on offense is on shaky ground.

The premise of my take on the situation is I don't want a guy who may follow Cristobal to Miami heading our program, end of story. That is McClendon, not Moorhead, not sure you read my take. McClendon is our interim head coach, not Moorhead.

It is just a title, but Big Joe deserves that title. He would, undoubtedly give Moorhead even broader power then having Miami's next OC as the head coach.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario is the OC Preventer!!

image.png.90b8f3001af6cc22379973a814c7d5a2.png

• Haha 1

Haywarduck....I apologize for hijackings your topic for some humor on a Sunday afternoon when some of us need it.  I understand your point and agree with you, but boy...being an OC for Mario?  And does McClendon really believe he will get something better from there?

It's a big jump....

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I tend to think McClendon is going to say he is a Duck, still a Duck and then Hurricane us. I don't like that idea.

5ygyd8.jpg

Guest KingT

So we are down to hope -- hope that Mario doesn't further demolish this team with his exit. My goodness Rob, get rid of Mario's guys now...

2020 Covid season ..... FLUSHED IT

2021 season post November 19th...... FLUSHED IT

2021 Post season...... FLUSH IT, let's move on.