geoquack

College Football is Dying

Coaches that quit mid-season for another job.

Players that quit mid-season to enter the portal.

NIL Recruiting.

Bowl games without players.

TV money dictating ridiculous start times.

Four-hour games in order to get in all the TV timeouts.

The game of college football is in trouble and no 8, 12, 16 or 32 team playoff is going to fix that.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

The end is not near, and in the meantime?  I am going to savor it as long as I can!

Travis Dye_Craig Strobeck.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Dye was a warrior as usual!

Does anyone know his stats for the game?

On 12/29/2021 at 10:12 PM, Smith72 said:

Does anyone know his stats for the game?

18 carries 153 yards, 1 TD, 5 receptions 28 yards. 

• Thanks 1

And he could come back for another season!

Thank you 30Duck!

Great to see Travis show his outstanding talent in this game.  Quick feet, vision, and good hands!

Great to see him join my other favorite Duck running backs - James and Barner.in the 3000 yard club!

• Thumbs Up 3

The Ducks are really close...just a few players away from being very, very good.  I believe we have the quarterback we need in house, and that will become apparent this spring. Receivers, offensive line, running backs and tight end are loaded.

Get a few more players on defense and we are there(Can you say Portal?) Add the expertise of Lanning to that defense, and perhaps an offense that could average 40 points per game instead of the present 31?  We are then doing double-digit wins, easy, IMHO.

See how plausible that is?

Not my Mascot...

Eeyore.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/29/2021 at 10:43 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Add the expertise of Lanning to that defense, and perhaps an offense that could average 40 points per game instead of the present 31?  We are then doing double-digit wins, easy, IMHO.

I do wonder what Moorhead would have done with Herbert. .

Though right now I am so tired of a bend but don't break defense. I had higher hopes for DeRuyter but I feel pretty unimpressed by his defense this year. 

There were a lot of injuries on defense so I can let some things slide but the secondary gave up so much room all the time which made underneath passes all too easy. 

The agressiveness from the front seven also rarely got home to really put any pressure on the QB. KT would play pretty hard but most offenses worked just as hard to keep him multi teamed and out of the play. 

I just want to see both sides of the ball play better... Both sides are very talented but neither really stood out this year for the most part. 

• Thanks 1