1Funduck

I was Massively Stoked Last Night

Our offensive line is no slouch! We ran all over OU. AB actually had a good game and aired it out with some nice consistency. 2 TD's that emphasized Oregon is stinking good in the receiver dept. But our defense was running on a shoe string. They played TREMENDOUS!!! Holding OU to 6 points, and on a turn over no less, in the first quarter was a beautiful scheme to watch. I loved it! Caleb Williams is an incredible freshman QB. But he wasn't a world beater. AB played about the same. Our defense just didn't have the horses to keep up. A ding here and a stinger there and we see players we have never seen before. 

I have a question. How on earth did Oregon put 30+ points on OU and keep OU to 17 points in the 2nd half with all those newbies? We...Are.....Stinking...LOADED on defense with high quality players. And we have some receivers with glue and magnets on their gloves. Crocker? Oh boy!! Thornton? Good night! Yeah, I'm very stoked about this squad come next September.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

OU had some star players on defense opt out, so they were almost in the same boat as Oregon. Fewer injuries, though.

I was able to find positives in last night’s game, but can certainly say I’m not “stoked” after that performance.   

I’ve seen words like embarrassing and abysmal describing Oregon’s play in the first half of that game.  Hypothetically – Do you think at half-time, if the dollar amount of 10K was offered to each Okie player if the team was to score 60 while holding the Ducks to under 27 they could have done so?  I wouldn’t have wagered against that. 

There’s a tendency to take your foot off the throttle when you have basically in insurmountable lead against a non-threatening foe.  Pretty sure Boomer felt they were in that position.  Those kids were enjoying themselves on the sideline and perhaps focus was waning on the field with the anticipation of the final gun.  If you recall, they did shoot themselves in the foot a few times in the 2nd half.  Besides, Big12 defenses aren’t really known to overwhelm anyone for 60 mins.

That being said, Oregon is to be commended for not burying their heads in the sand and quitting when it would have been the easy thing to do.  I appreciate those who played this game given the high number key players who either physically couldn’t go or opted to forgo this game.  Thanks guys.

It was fun to watch our young receivers getting their footing in the 2nd half.  I particularly liked the efforts of Chris Hutson.  I felt that by the end of the game he was stating his case to be “The Man” next season.  As a group, the WR’s need to beef-up a little and hit the weight room.  CH may have been able to draw a PI on that deep ball (BTW – great stinkin’ catch) if he was able to physically fight for positioning instead of being easily directed OB. 

Note on the line of scrimmage:  I look forward to see what the O-line can do next season with an expected “new” blocking scheme, and I’m very curious to see what our D-Line looks like when we line-up against GA next year.

This year the LB position group was gutted from the get-go.  I just want to see what this corps looks like if the intended starters can get on the field at the same time!  I’m expecting this position group to be the most improved unit next year.

Let the competition begin at QB!  I’ll trust that the new regime will view all who wish to play this position as equal at this point.  May the player who gives us the best chance for dubs, win! 

Circling back to the topic of being stoked.  I am most definitely excited to see what next season brings, but not so sure last nights effort if the driver in me feeling that way.