Haywarduck

Origin Of The Husky?

Not sure if anyone knows the origin of the husky, which is really just a little Alaskan Malamute? The husky is from Siberia, I suppose the program is just headed back to their mascots homeland. Has to be tough to live in husky land, now.

Only 10 more straight wins and we can break the win record streak. Then onward to flipping the series lead.

5zpt9c.jpg

The UCONN Huskies aren't very good at football. But the Men's basketball has won championships, and the UCONN Women have been the dominant team in their sport for the last 30 years. 

image.jpeg.0a497c6363526ec0442f4d6b6ee57bbc.jpeg

snorting! Begs the question... Which team has honored their mascot the best, performance  wise, for the last 30 years?

For that matter, assuming a real husky had the ability to rationally make their own choices,  which team would  they consider 🤔 offensive enough to DEMAND change their designated mascot choice?

On 1/1/2022 at 10:19 AM, Haywarduck said:

Only 10 more straight wins and we can break the win record streak.

I thought it was 12 more needed to tie?  Washington leads 60-48....as I see it here.

Maybe by the time I'm 80 we catch them for the long term, and boy the short term would be impressive.

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/1/2022 at 11:47 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I thought it was 12 more needed to tie?  Washington leads 60-48....as I see it here.

Maybe by the time I'm 80 we catch them for the long term, and boy the short term would be impressive.

The win streak is 12, so 10 more straight would put us at 13, and then we would be on the verge of the overall lead.

We would need some help like we did for Utah this year to excelerate the time frame. Hopefully in our lifetimes!

Going over the history, the other Huskies that Oregon has played over the years has several 6 game winning streaks against the Ducks, but it took the Ducks to put two 6 game winning streaks together. How's that for academic prowess?

On 1/1/2022 at 10:19 AM, Haywarduck said:

I suppose the program is just headed back to their mascots homeland.

And in the same way they came in: chained in a row with their noses up someone else’s rear end.

• Haha 1

Guest Axel

The Husky, which is an Alaskan Malamute, was adopted as the official University of Washington mascot in 1922. Prior to that, Washington athletic teams were called the Sundodgers.

Seattle residents reportedly didn't like the negative reference to their city's weather conditions and lobbied the university to find a new mascot.

So this year the Husky turns 100, which should give the Ducks extra motivation to ruin any planned Husky birthday celebrations.

On 1/1/2022 at 3:12 PM, Axel said:

So this year the Husky turns 100, which should give the Ducks extra motivation to ruin any planned Husky birthday celebrations.

There will be a party, Nov.12 at Autzen, with The Pick Video, and everything!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1