30Duck

There is no Limit to Oregon Recruiting Under Lanning

Dan Lanning is a master multi-tasker. While he's busy getting Georgia's defense ready to beat Alabama and win the championship, he's put together a high charged coaching staff, and made recruiting a priority. 

image.jpeg.ff882e828205071dd437d5ed94cff622.jpeg

One of the big benefits obviously being at Oregon is it's a national brand

Dan Lanning On Ducks: We Can Go Anywhere and be able to Sign Players

Zachary Neel Ducks Wire

Dan, this would help immensely. Go to Atlanta and beat the defending champ or runner up and take out BYU in Autzen. These will be nationwide watched football games. 

And play big ball and not small ball offense. 

For what my advice is worth. Put more than 4 DL guys on the LOS vs Bama and disguise where the pressure is coming from. This what A+M, LSU and Auburn did vs Bama. Only 1 won but all 3 shut down the Bama O. If you and Smart stay stubborn and play your base D all game long in the champ game, best of luck.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/5/2022 at 1:48 PM, Jon Joseph said:

If you and Smart stay stubborn and play your base D all game long in the champ game, best of luck.

And even more luck if Georgia thinks Stetson is going to manage a win for the Bulldogs. Getting the payback against Alabama won't come because you're both playing for the same thing. As Mike W kept saying, "Alabama's going to win" Right now I'd take Alabama with Georgia -3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one that thinks maybe Lanning dialed up a vanilla game plan knowing they were in win or lose?

I’d expect a few kitchen sink surprises await Bama coming up.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/5/2022 at 2:39 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Am I the only one that thinks maybe Lanning dialed up a vanilla game plan knowing they were in win or lose?

I’d expect a few kitchen sink surprises await Bama coming up.

Interesting thought, and great chess move.

I think when we beat tosu there was no where to go but down, and it was only a matter of time. A young team having a big win early seldom ends well.

I remember a shrewd coach told me years ago not to send my young son to a national competition. He said do you want your son to peak out at 12?

An early loss to Georgia might be exactly what this team needs next year too.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:48 PM, Jon Joseph said:

For what my advice is worth. Put more than 4 DL guys on the LOS vs Bama and disguise where the pressure is coming from. This what A+M, LSU and Auburn did vs Bama

My thoughts exactly

• Like 1