Charles Fischer

Credentials Like This for "Quality Control" at Oregon?

Look at the long background of coaching by this fellow they are bringing into the background staff at Oregon.  A ton of acquired knowledge is what strikes me about this resume'...

REPORT: Lanning Adding Central Washington OC Zach Tinker in Off-Field Role by Erik Skopil of 247

CWU Football on Twitter: "We are happy to introduce Coach Zach Tinker  (@CoachTinkFB) as our new Offensive Coordinator & Quartebacks Coach!  Welcome to the Wildcat Family!! #Crim20nReign #GoWildcats  https://t.co/E2BoBc7xXf" / Twitter

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Looks like Lanning still wants to be able to tinker with the offensive schemes a bit.

• Haha 4

Looks like DL has learned from the big boys in the SEC that you can improve your staff and your team by having a bunch of "off the field" assistants/consultants/football brainiacs.

"Looks like" evolution of the game.  Gaming by committee, you have the Field Coaches and the Class Room Coaches.  You have the staff recruiters, the ones that do the research on a recruit.  The coaching staff, the ones doing the field coaching.  Part of me likes this idea because of the time limits put on student athletes and coaches.  Chip used to just do reps on the field and corrections in the class room due to the field limitations.  Add in strength and conditioning then School, study, etc. . . .

What I hope this will bring is the development of the lesser athlete and fine tune the better athletes.  That coaches will grow and excel and Oregon becomes a school for putting players in the NFL and those that seek it, in a professional job in the real world.  Not everyone will meet their dreams but becoming better than who you started out, is just as important.  Best wishes Dan Lanning, go win us some Nattys with a lil Not yo Cheese for guys like uncle cliffy.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:12 PM, EzDucksIt said:

"Looks like" evolution of the game.  Gaming by committee, you have the Field Coaches and the Class Room Coaches.  You have the staff recruiters, the ones that do the research on a recruit.  The coaching staff, the ones doing the field coaching.  Part of me likes this idea because of the time limits put on student athletes and coaches.  Chip used to just do reps on the field and corrections in the class room due to the field limitations.  Add in strength and conditioning then School, study, etc. . . .

What I hope this will bring is the development of the lesser athlete and fine tune the better athletes.  That coaches will grow and excel and Oregon becomes a school for putting players in the NFL and those that seek it, in a professional job in the real world.  Not everyone will meet their dreams but becoming better than who you started out, is just as important.  Best wishes Dan Lanning, go win us some Nattys with a lil Not yo Cheese for guys like uncle cliffy.

Cliff Harris's lasting gift:  the term "The Natty".  I actually heard a studio personality prior to the CFP talk about what it takes to "win the Natty".  I had to smile.  

#ScoDux

• Thumbs Up 4

hokieduck....great to have you join us, and yes, I use the term, 'Natty, often.  Tell us your story...are you in West Virginia and both VT and Duck fan?

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/16/2022 at 12:27 PM, hokieduck said:

Cliff Harris's lasting gift:  the term "The Natty".  I actually heard a studio personality prior to the CFP talk about what it takes to "win the Natty".  I had to smile.  

#ScoDux

Football, is not JUST FOOTBALL at Oregon, IMHO, it is where coaches "see" talent that YOU did not know you had.  Show you that your skills with some good coaching fundamentals and encouragement make YOU better than you could ever imagine.  Put in the Time, Effort and follow direction you could leave Oregon better than when YOU came in.

Cliff Harris, Colt Lyerla, were some of the most TALENTED guys, that came to Oregon and could not get away from the Demons that would follow them in life.  Jeremiah Masoli, Legarrette Blount had great skills but managed to change enough to have successful football careers by maturing.  Oregon to me, is the school that made young kids into men through great coaching mentors.

I hope to see more of these success stories than watch the ones where we lose the Uncle Cliffys or the Lyerlas.  I for one, had a mentor, that was honest and told me if continued down the path I was going, I would find it much harder to get right.  I just want to see these guys shine, in life.  Show that destiny is up to you, getting out of your own way sometimes. 

• Like 1