Jump to content
Jon Joseph

My Bets On Today's NFL Playoff Games

Recommended Posts

Cincinnati Bengals +3.5 at Tennessee Titans - 4:30 CBS

 

Last week the Bengals won its 1st playoff game in 31 years when Cincy held off a last possession drive against Derrick Carr and the Raider. In the history of the franchise Cincy is 0-7 in road playoff games.

 

The Titans were the 8th worst team in the NFL against the pass this season. Burrow throwing to LaMarr Chase and the other quality Bengals WRs is a scary proposition for the Titans D. RB Derrick Hill will play for the Titans today after sitting out close to 2 months with an injury. How effective will he be?

 

The Bengals have the better QB in Burrow over Ryan Tannehill.  I like Cincy straight up at +160.

 

San Francisco 49ers +5.5 at Green Bay Packers - 8:15 FOX

 

Kyle Shanahan's 49ers are 25-17 ATS as underdogs. 11-6 as road dogs outside of the NFL W division. I see this as more of 1 FG game than I do the Packers winning by 6 or more points. I like the 49ers +5.5.

 

This will be the only game today or tomorrow that features a Pac-12 player, Aaron Rodgers, CAL, starting  at QB. Sad for me to say but the SEC has the most starting QBs in today's and Sunday's games: Burrow - LSU, Stafford - UGA + Tannehill - A+M.

 

Do not count on having Won, bet for Fun. 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with you all the way with this Cincy. I've never been a 49ers fan 5.5. I'm sticking with the frozen tundra of Lambeau field being enough, go Packers.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 3:18 PM, 30Duck said:

I'm with you all the way with this Cincy. I've never been a 49ers fan 5.5. I'm sticking with the frozen tundra of Lambeau field being enough, go Packers.  

The frozen tundra will be difficult to navigate, no doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ciny gets an INT on the first play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best bet, early line GB - 3.5 take it, then wait and then get SF + 6ish and hope for a tweener.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 4:36 PM, 30Duck said:

Ciny gets an INT on the first play. 

 

And 5 (!) sacks in the 1st half. Why did TN go for 2?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 3:32 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Why did TN go for 2?

Coach Vrabel's Ohio State academic prowess?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought there was enough ground involved to make that an incompletion rather than an interception, but now it's 16-16, and Tennessee might miss that point now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cincy wins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never a doubt? Should have brought Tony Munez out of the booth and put him in uniform.

 

9 sacks cannot overcome 3 picks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday, I'm taking both favorites and laying the points. +160 to play with.

 

But a champ game in Buffalo a week from Sunday? CHILLY!

Link to post
Share on other sites

49ers 13 Packers 10

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 11:44 AM, Jon Joseph said:

This will be the only game today or tomorrow that features a Pac-12 player, Aaron Rodgers, CAL

Don't forget about Arik Armstead(Oregon) and Talanoa Hufanga(USC out of Corvallis)

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lenoir is a backup DB with San Francisco, and Johnny Mundt is on the Rams, but out for this game, but Justin Hollins is there playing on Sunday as a backup.  Kenjon Barner is playing for the Bucs, so a few Ducks are still alive.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I will obviously be taking my Niners the rest of the way. Team of destiny, who knows because they just play hard and the lines are physically out playing the opposition. I really don't see anybody else in the playoff's beating them right now. I had counted out this team earlier this year and Shanahan to me was just not a great HC. Well well now I'm seeing the genious in him and if he can keep making the right moves this could be number SIX hopefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 11:33 PM, ICamel said:

Don't forget about Arik Armstead(Oregon) and Talanoa Hufanga(USC out of Corvallis)

 

Great call. I should have specified starting at QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2-0 with a Straight Up win. I'm a happy camper.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, MaiTaiDuck said:

Well I will obviously be taking my Niners the rest of the way. Team of destiny, who knows because they just play hard and the lines are physically out playing the opposition. I really don't see anybody else in the playoff's beating them right now. I had counted out this team earlier this year and Shanahan to me was just not a great HC. Well well now I'm seeing the genious in him and if he can keep making the right moves this could be number SIX hopefully.

Could be right on. But I like Brady over his former back-up Jimmy G. Of course could be all California for the conference title?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Growing up in NoCal, Rodgers was a fan of the 49ers. He is now 0-4 vs the 49ers in the playoffs. Think Green Bay needs a new special teams coach? How about Deebo Samuels from USC; USC East.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 10:56 AM, Jon Joseph said:

How about Deebo Samuels from USC; USC East.

He was the 49ers MVP yesterday. Today is a set up for a no repeat in the Super Bowl. The Rams will take out the Bucs, and the Bills eliminate the Chiefs. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 11:04 AM, 30Duck said:

The Rams will take out the Bucs, and the Bills eliminate the Chiefs. 

 

My call as well.  

 

Rams win round three to face the Bills.

 

Bills cover minus forty five points and Rams cover minus three.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 2:50 PM, Mike West said:

 

My call as well.  

 

Rams win round three to face the Bills.

 

Bills cover minus forty five points and Rams cover minus three.

 

 

I won't be disappointed if the Rams and Bills both win. But I like Tom Brady and I do not think the Bills beat KC twice this season?

 

But a game in Buffalo next Sunday. Could be the coldest on record. I felt bad for the Packers fans who froze their tails off only to witness a walk off loss. And for the Packers D to play that well and suffer a loss. Brutal.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 12:16 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Brutal.

 And I think that was the last game for Rodgers as a Packer. I predict he and Adams are Broncos next season. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A TD on 3rd and 20 to Cooper Cupp, 17-3 Rams, start of 2nd quarter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year I cheered for Brady as supporting another "old-man" still at it.  Now I am done with him, and am ready for new stars...

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Playoff games this round, all of them decided by the visiting team kicking a game winning field goal as time ran out.  Rams 30 Bucs 27. Congrats to McVay, it looked like the Rams were content with OT, but they go deep to Cooper Kupp, from EWU. He leads NFL receivers in catches, yards and touchdowns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 3:25 PM, 30Duck said:

3 Playoff games this round, all of them decided by the visiting team kicking a game winning field goal as time ran out.  Rams 30 Bucs 27. Congrats to McVay, it looked like the Rams were content with OT, but they go deep to Cooper Kupp, from EWU. He leads NFL receivers in catches, yards and touchdowns. 

The DC elected to bring pressure and cover Krupp with a saftey---a  bad idea.  Not just a bad idea but a really stupid bad idea.  That play doesn't happen but for the boneheaded defensive call.   

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 3:55 PM, DuckHeart said:

Not just a bad idea but a really stupid bad idea.  That play doesn't happen but for the boneheaded defensive call.   

 Yep.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chiefs 42-36 OT

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 amazing games. Something to be said for a draft and parity. Happy to have gone 3-1 with a SU win.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL is just killing it.  It must have incredible ratings with such exciting games...such a difference in judgement and decision between the NFL and the Pac-12.

  • Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...
Top