David Marsh

How Duck's Coaches Have Performed In Their First Years

An interesting read that gives some insight into how well past coaches performed in their first year at the helm of the Oregon program. 

• Thumbs Up 1

David, as the article mentioned MH inherited talent, scheme and culture from Kelly. The culture was built steadily, with Brooks and Belotti establishing continuity. A long, slow climb to success.

Coach Lanning inherits great talent from MC. The talent that transferred or moved on to the NFL most likely will be replaced. But the last 3 HC 's at Oregon let the culture slip away. How confident will the returning players be after 3 beat downs in 4 games? Can Coach Lanning and staff restore their confidence?  If the players buy-in to the Lanning culture then 2022 could be special.

I believe that the team will be motivated by a desire to get to the same level they saw at Georgia. Also his staff are all motivated by that same vision. 

I know I sure would be. If I've seen it done I believe it's doable. Especially when it's someone I know and get to work with.

And it's not just HC DL. They're numerous coaches of ours who have been there and did it.